Domain name?

I developed a website for a local cycle speedway team and I also currently pay (for another few days) almost £100 per year for its hosting. I can no longer afford to continue paying and they have no funds to take over the hosting, So I was excited to discover infinityfree. I also have two other sites that I would like to be hosted by Infinity - BUT! Ideally, I would like to use the original domain name (www.hellinglylions.org) as it is on programmes/posters/leaflets/advertising boards etc. Is this possible? If so how?
Thankyou in anticipation
Kevin

Yes, you can!

You will have to change the nameservers to either ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com or ns1.byet.org, ns2.byet.org, ns3.byet.org, ns4.byet.org and ns5.byet.org (those are the same nameservers, but Byet ones have more reliability than Epizy ones) from your domain registrar’s nameserver management panel, then add the domain from the “Addon Domains” section of your hosting account’s Control Panel, and lastly upload your website files with a FTP client on the folder yourdomain/htdocs, where yourdomain can be replaced with your domain.

2 Likes

Thankyou for your help but I really am at a loss where to start. Where do I find the nameserver? I am currently hosted by 123.reg, is that who my nameserver is? It is 123.reg that I am trying to avoid paying, or is the nameserver within infinity?
Kevin

The nameservers section on 123Reg, if you use it as a domain registrar, is explained on this article: How to change the nameservers for your domain | 123 Reg

1 Like

Thankyou a million Ergastolator1, your instructions were so exact and did the job so easily and fast.
Kevin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.