Edit the .htaccess

how can i edit the .htaccess in the mail folder where the htdocs is? The folder where i should not uload anything. I have to add Options -Indexes If i delete it and try to create a new one the ftp response with a error. So… now i cant create a .htaccess file… in the past it worket to telete the existing and create a new one but now it says ftp error… what can i do?

You see DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. As well as DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE.

Regarding the rule you wanted to add, these days that rule was enabled by default and I don’t think you should worry.

By the way, check your spelling the next time — the “main” folder and the “mail” folder are two different things, while the second serve almost no purpose here these days.

9 Likes

No joke these are different things??? :thinking: Also in the defult settings is the view directories enabled… i dont want that… that’s the main reason to edit this sherlock… also also yea there is the DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE . As well as the DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE . but it is still a mayor security issue if annyone can see everything in my files

firstly: only the htdocs onwards is public and accessible from a web browser, the main directory on your hosting containing htdocs and other things is not publicly accessible

secondly: the default behavior (on infinityfree) of the publicly accessible directories is to disallow viewing of content so anybody browsing any directory on your website will receive a 403 error page unless you have changed this default behavior

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.