Emoji.php keeps deleting itself

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_28286229 https://cools1234.freecluster.eu

Error Message

Other Information

Since it says that the file emoji.php is missing, I upload it using the File Manager and it deletes itself (like the error comes again so I check File Manager and it’s gone)

Please help!
(Is InfinityFree automatically deleting it?)

I don’t know the solution here… Did you just start making your website or have you been using the website and fiddling with the File Manager?

So… ever since I installed it, it kept saying emoji.php was missing and I kept putting it back and it kept deleting so what should I do?

I did use the website a lot

Can you define what emoji.php is? Do you know what it is?

1 Like

Basically, in XF (xenforo), emoji.php shows a list of emojis when you click the menu to open emojis. It’s supposed to come with the install (which it probably did), but it keeps being randomly deleted.

Ok, How are you re uploading the emoji.php if it’s deleted? XF is a theme?

1 Like

The most likely issue is that it exceeds the file size limit:

The InfinityFree web servers have size limits for all files. If the file size exceeds the limit, the file is automatically deleted.

The size limits are:

• HTML and PHP files are limited 1 MB.
  • .htaccess files are limited to 10 kB.
  • All other files are limited to 10 MB.
4 Likes

XenForo is paid forum software.

I’m not sure why this happens. My money is on either the file size limit or that file getting flagged by our malware scanners

That could either happen because there is actually malware in that file, or just because we want to prevent the installation of XenForo.

After all, a XenForo license is $160 + $55 per year. You really shouldn’t spend that much money on software and then use free hosting. An iFastNet premium account can be had for as little as $35.88 per year, which is small change if you’re spending so much on software already (and gives you a MUCH better experience).

The overwhelming majority of installation of XenForo (but also IPS Community and other costly forum suites) we find here are pirated. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they implemented measures to block that software entirely.

5 Likes

No… I have the download saved

If it was blocked then wouldn’t my account get permanently suspended (or all the files deleted?)
And I’m using free hosting for it because I don’t really want to pay more for it

OH THATS WHY
Because the file is 1.5MB

Why can’t I upload a file that is 5 bytes bigger???
please put the emoji.php in it (because it is a VERY needed file)

Emoji.php (1.5 MB)

Because this is free hosting and there are limits.
And it is actually 500KB bigger (5,000 bytes), not 5 bytes

You have 2 options:

1. Upgrade to premium (If you are really paying forXenForo, I don’t think and extra $4 a month is a big difference)
  2. Somehow split the file.

Good Luck!

4 Likes

Thank you for answering while I was away!

3 Likes

One report → suspended.
It isn’t always easy to find out websites with malware/nulled content, people make it easier by reporting it. If you cannot afford such a premium forum engine, simply don’t use its nulled version but look for free alternatives, such as flarum.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.