Enabling SSL

Is there a way for Let’s Encrypt to be turned on either manually or by somewhere in cpanel or manual request on a subdomain? I’d like SSL but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work

I’m sure that the admins (if they wanted to of course) could find out the IPs that Let’s Encrypt uses and put them in the whitelist they use.

Go in to “Control Panel” and find " SSL / TLS" and from there you should be able to control it.

In your browsers url, adding “https” will load website with SSL.
Try this “http://mysite

Hope this helps :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you read this article? https://infinityfree.net/support/cannot-use-or-have-problems-using-lets-encrypt-or-sslforfreecom/

I have now. It says 1 issuance per domain. How do I make it work for longer than that?

@theroyaltrentus said:
I have now. It says 1 issuance per domain. How do I make it work for longer than that?

I forgot, the referenced article recommends instantssl.com’s free SSL. However, it looks like that’s only a trial which cannot be renewed.

You might have better luck with another certificate vendor. Unfortunately, I don’t know any other free ones.

Is there a way to get a let’s encrypt certificate manually installed/requested?

@theroyaltrentus said:
Is there a way to get a let’s encrypt certificate manually installed/requested?

Let’s Encrypt certificates must be verified either through a URL or a DNS TXT record, neither of which can be used on free hosting. Maybe there is a way, but I don’t know about it.

I just wish that there was a way for some user agents such as let’s encrypts to be whitelisted.

@yippeetech said:
I just wish that there was a way for some user agents such as let’s encrypts to be whitelisted.

I have a way but it might break your DNS, cause we don’t know what will happen.

@theroyaltrentus said:
Is there a way for Let’s Encrypt to be turned on either manually or by somewhere in cpanel or manual request on a subdomain? I’d like SSL but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work

Check this out How to Get SSL on Infinityfree

@yippeetech said:

Could we add support for Let’s Encrypt? Yes! Could we support a large part of the addon domains and alias domains getting custom SSL certificates? Not right now!

We would like to provide free SSL certificates as well but there are technical challenges we need to solve before we can do so. We’re looking it, but just whitelisting Let’s Encrypt is just going to create more problems.

@Admin said:

@yippeetech said:

Could we add support for Let’s Encrypt? Yes! Could we support a large part of the addon domains and alias domains getting custom SSL certificates? Not right now!

We would like to provide free SSL certificates as well but there are technical challenges we need to solve before we can do so. We’re looking it, but just whitelisting Let’s Encrypt is just going to create more problems.

Getting SSL is not a big issue even on Infinityfree. But, I hope there should be easier way for Let’s Encrypt like so far in 2018 Github, Blogger, Tumblr, and Bit.ly enable SSL of Let’s Encrypt for custom domains so I’m hoping there should be way that at least you provide SSL enable for subdomains of rf.gd, and epizy.com