Err_name_resolution_failed

My website URL is: www.carqualitycheck.com

What I’m seeing is: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

I’m using this software: basic HTML. Website domain registrar is namecheap.

Additional information: I was previously getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, so I changed domain names to ns1.byet.org, etc from the epizy ones.

For me it works. For you it’s just a DNS propagation issue, so you have to wait at least 72 hours before accessing the website again.

Thanks for your reply. So its correct to use the byet nameservers at the moment?

Byet and Epizy nameservers are the same, but seen that some domain registrars add in front of ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com .namesilo.com, it will not work because it doesn’t exist as a registered nameserver.

But why was I getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN? Could you kindly advise how this could be fixed?

You were getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN because the domain registrar added in front of ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com .namesilo.com, and seen that they don’t both exist, they couldn’t serve your domain. You could fix this by changing the nameservers to the byet.org ones (ns1.byet.org, ns2.byet.org, ns3.byet.org, ns4.byet.org and ns5.byet.org), seen that byet.org is registered by a valid registrar and has valid NS records.

ok, I’ve already changed nameservers from my registrar to point to the byet domains, so if I just wait a few more hours everything should work?

Yes, it should work.

Thank you, will wait and see. Thanks for the prompt replies though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.