Fatal error in monsta when unzipping a zip archive

Website URL

https://filemanager.ai/new/

Error Message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getFileNames() on null in /var/www/html/new/application/api/file_sources/connection/ArchiveExtractor.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/new/application/api/file_sources/connection/ArchiveExtractor.php(84): ArchiveExtractor->setupArchiveHandle()
#1 /var/www/html/new/application/api/request_processor/RequestDispatcher.php(685): ArchiveExtractor->getFileCount()
#2 /var/www/html/new/application/api/request_processor/RequestDispatcher.php(95): RequestDispatcher->downloadForExtract(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/new/application/api/request_processor/RequestMarshaller.php(98): RequestDispatcher->dispatchRequest(‘downloadForExtr…’, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/new/application/api/api.php(55): RequestMarshaller->marshallRequest(Array, false)
#5 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/new/application/api/file_sources/connection/ArchiveExtractor.php on line 78

Other Information

I experienced a series of errors while installing nextcloud, researching online didnt help to solv any of them. I found out by myself what is going on, but to fix the issues i need a server admin.

Everything began with broken javascript after the setup of nextloud, what caused that the login form stayed invsible. The error message is unimportant, because I found out, that a reqired file wasnt available, means files got dropped by the server after uploading by filezillla ftp. I think only files larger than 10mb are affected. I tried many times in vain to upload the missing files, so i decided to try the upload with monsta, but in vain, too. I checked the requests in developer console and noticed that they always got interrupted after 50% was uploaded, but response status was 200, success. Then I decided to zip that required js file and to use monsta to unzip it, but in vain again. Zipped it was only 2.8mb and it was possible to upload it by monsta and also by ftp, but monsta couldn’t unzip it. So I checked again the response of the unzip request and got the error message above, which looks like there is no object of ArchiveExtractor.php.

By the way I got faced with two other issues while installing nextcloud:

1. When I tried to install it by the install script setup-nextcloud.php I got a request timeout while the script was downloading download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest.zip
  2. So I tried to let monsta fetch nextcloud as zip directly from their releases index by the link above, but got incomplete archives of 240byte only. I checked the requests, there was no error response, monsta pretends a success.

Although there are a lot issues with the server and monsta, Im very grateful for free webspace in this scope of services.

Sincerely,
UnixExplorer

Not surprising. That file’s size is 176 MB, and InfinityFree’s file size limit is 10MB.

By the way, Nextcloud is quite a heavy application. I’m not sure if it can run on shared premium hosting; but I very much doubt you can use it on free hosting, especially since it breaks the Terms of Service:

5. GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT

You agree to not use the Services to:

• upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is of keylogging / proxy service / irc / shell(s) if any type / file hosting / file sharing types.
6 Likes

the missing js file is 13mb. i want to use nextcloud completely alone and i dont use the file cloud, i only use it to sync calendar and addressbook between phone and computer. that means there is no way to put a 13mb js file on the server?

I would find a better piece of software then. Using a battering ram when a hammer would do is never a good idea. Especially on free hosting, where that battering ram will get you suspended at one point or another.

In shorter terms, find a piece of software that does what you want, nothing more.

Correct. It’s not possible on free hosting.

4 Likes

I think that if you really wanted to put that js on to your site,you can try to break the code into two parts.However it might requires some skill,and most importantly,syncing stuffs might still break the TOS.Think carefully.

I solved my problem extracting the zipped js file already with a snipped php code just minutes after the moderator told me, that its impossible to exceed a file size above 10mb. The file is 13,6mb and it works as expected, the login got visible and I could login.
The code snipped I used was:

$zip = new ZipArchive;
$res = $zip->open(‘core-common.zip’);
if ($res === TRUE) {
$zip->extractTo(‘./’);
$zip->close();
echo “success”;
}else echo “error”;

All the remaining issues are more those of the server admin and other customers facing them. I reached my destination, I hope my report helps to fix the php code of monsta which is responsible of extracting archives for customer without programming knowledge.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.