File manager does not reflect changes

The FileZilla screenshot makes it seem that you’re uploading the files to the right location, and since you’re uploading an extracting folder, rather than a large single file, the file size limit restrictions should not be a problem either.

Which leaves only one possible option from this article: the file contains malware.

I’m not sure, and I don’t want to accuse you of anything, but I do see that this theme normally costs $59 to purchase, and you’re uploading it on free hosting. Please remember that using pirated software on our hosting is strictly forbidden. It’s not just that pirated software is illegal, many pirated scripts also contain malware, which put you, your website, and your visitors, at risk.

So if you did pirate this theme, then it’s very likely the theme contains malware and it’s being removed for the safety of everyone involved.

1 Like

Thank you.
Is there any way I can ensure that there is no malware in the file I need to upload before actually uploading it?
At the moment, I scan all files at VirusTotal before uploading them.

There is no way you can be sure that any file contains no malware without meticulously inspecting every line of code yourself beforehand. But it definitely helps when you only use software from trusted sources (e.g. not from piracy forum linking to shady downloading sites).

Running the files through a generic virus scanner never hurts, but a green light from them doesn’t mean your code is safe. After all, virus scanners can’t possibly know about all malware. And most virus scanners are designed to protect Windows computers, not WordPress sites, so they may not have WordPress malware in their databases.

We use a custom built malware scanner which is optimized to find website malware.

1 Like

I got a green light from a lot of online virus scan tools, yet your scanner found some additional malware. It means, from next time onwards I’ll upload theme or plugin here and if it works then it is clean else it has some virus (since we do not have direct access to your custom-built scanner).
Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.