Files not uploading to ftp

Username: epiz_33387764

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: Retrieving directory listing of /htdocs/websitebuilders4.wixsite.com…
Status: Directory listing of /htdocs/websitebuilders4.wixsite.com successful
Status: Retrieving directory listing of /htdocs/websitebuilders4.wixsite.com/webbuilding…
Status: Directory listing of /htdocs/websitebuilders4.wixsite.com/webbuilding successful
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: Starting upload of C:\My Web Sites\test\websitebuilders4.wixsite.com\webbuilding\1.html
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 993,019 bytes in 1 second
Status: Retrieving directory listing of /htdocs/websitebuilders4.wixsite.com/webbuilding…
Status: Directory listing of /htdocs/websitebuilders4.wixsite.com/webbuilding successful
Response: 421 Timeout - try typing a little faster next time
Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server

I am trying to upload a html file to the server by using FileZilla and when I transfer the file, it briefly appears in the server directory before disappearing. After a few seconds I get an error that the connection was aborted. My account isnt suspended and the html file is a bit below 1mb.
Any fixes for this? Using the online ftp client to upload does not work either.

The connection being aborted is normal. Our FTP server kills the connection after 20 seconds of inactivity, which is easy to hit when the upload is finished.

Even though the file is below 1 MB, it’s quite close to it. It could be that due to implementation details of how the sizes are checked, the actual limit may be slightly lower than 1,000,000 bytes.

Could you try reducing the size of the file a bit more and see if you can get it through then?

8 Likes

Hi,
I tried reducing the amount of lines in my html file and it seems to be uploading fine now. Dont think it reduced the size by a lot but at least it works now. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.