Can you please help?

Thank you.
Best regards,

Lorenzo

Did you read?

8 Likes

Yes, I did and neither of the cases listed is actually mine

1 Like

Also considering that everything has been working seamlessly for 1 year approximately (same data files uploaded daily)

Can you share the full file name, and the location you are trying to upload it to?

Also, does uploading to a different directory work? How about a different account? Have you tried using FileZilla or a different desktop FTP client?

7 Likes

Hi,

The file name is SPV_2024-03-26.xlsx. I am trying to upload it to the following folder:

/MEKaP_RG

If I try a different directory, I get the same problem. I have tried both using command line and FileZilla. The problem is experienced by myself and another colleague of mine, who is trying to upload the file from a different PC in Rome. I have no other account I can try.

Thank you!
Best regards,

Lorenzo

Likely due to this

5 Likes

That would have eventually break the inode limit.

And seeing how you are uploading excel datasheets, your use could be considered as using our service as a file storage service which already goes against the ToS and might result in suspension.

5 Likes

I checked your site and the file seems to be there.

Still, please note that we provide a website hosting service, not a document backup service. If you are looking for a safe place to store and share spreadsheets, please consider using something like Google Drive, which are much more suitable services for it.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for the help. Actually, that file was uploaded some days ago, while I am trying to upload the following one: SPV_2024-03-27.xlsx. I have just tried, you might see that in the log of the website, but the file got deleted immediately. I am not using the website/FTP as a document backup service, but to exchange file. Can you please check what happened to the SPV_2024-03-27.xlsx file?

Thank you.
Best regards,

Lorenzo

Acually I delete files from the server once a month. And I am not using the service as a storage one.
Thank you.

That is quite unlikely as the same issue occurs for different files, uploaded from different machines

That’s still prohibited, no matter which fancy words you are going to wrap up your use case, as long as it’s not producing web based content, it goes against the ToS and can result in suspension.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.