FTP ECONNREFUSED connection refused

I just made my first account on InfinityFree. Wanted to upload my site to htdocs through FTP but cannot connect to the server. I did log in to the Control Panel and I already tried changing the password. The exact log from FileZilla is copied below.
There was a similar topic on 30 January, but that has been closed on 1 February since the problem was solved.

My website URL is: cmmpiwigo.epizy.com

What I’m seeing (FileZilla log) is:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Command: PWD
Response: 257 “/” is your current location
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (185,27,134,11,64,165)
Command: MLSD
Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server

I’m using this software: FileZilla 3.45.1

Maybe your firewall/ISP is blocking Explicit TLS connections to the FTP server. Try to set as FTP encryption mode “Always use Plain FTP (not secure)”.

1 Like

Just also found that idea in another topic. Tried it, but it gives the same result.

Status: Plain FTP is insecure. Please switch to FTP over TLS.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (185,27,134,11,64,214)
Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server

Hmm, in the connection log I can see setting up the encrypted FTP connection and transferring messages over it works. So if I were you, I would revert the Plain FTP setting so the connection is secured again.

In the connection log you can see that FileZilla enables Passive FTP, and that establishing a connection after that fails. So this could be a problem with passive FTP. Could you try to change the FTP connection to Active FTP instead and see if that helps?

1 Like

I had seen that and tried with the setting “Active” instead of “Default”. However even with Active marked on the Transfer Settings tab, Filezilla sends the PASV command. So it didn’t work.

Then I went into the general settings of FileZilla and put in my external IP-address. After connecting again, it did no longer send the PASV command, but now the connection gets timed out after MLSD command.

Command: PORT 213,34,61,106,242,33
Response: 200 PORT command successful
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.