Help install Open Source Social Network

How do I install the “Open Source Social Network”? See the print if configured correctly, it gives the following error: “Invalid data directory or directory is not writeable.”

The “Data Directory” setting in your screenshot seems to be the problem. In order to protect websites from each other, PHP code on our server can only write to the directory of it’s own website.

So the directory you should use is probably something like $homeDirectory/htdocs/data, where $homeDirectory is the Home Directory visible in the sidebar of the control panel.

Should this be the case?

$homeDirectory is the Home Directory visible in the sidebar of the control panel (not the literal value, it’s a placeholder I used in my description). The directory you should use is probably something like /home/volX_X/epizy.com/epiz_12345678/htdocs/data.

Unfortunately It did not work, and in the documentation is written that can not stay in the folder “htdocs” the folder "ossn_data ".

Utilizei as seguintes pastas: /home/vol11_1/epizy.com/epiz_23663992/htdocs/ossn_data/

Comes with the following fields (Did Not fill so you could see what you need to put in each field):

I think this is NOT possible for this reason (read Create a data folder section)
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/706/how-to-install-open-source-social-network

Scripts can only write to the htdocs directories they are in. Any directories outside the htdocs dir cannot be written - due to the open_basedir restriction

I Got it working:)

Would you mind sharing how you were able to resolve this? I can’t imagine you’re the only person in the world trying to run OSS on InfinityFree, who will likely run into the same problem as you did.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.