Hi, how can I have a forum like this?

Hello, how can I have a forum like this? If someone answers my question, I would really appreciate it

yea, discourse.org. Its open source if you host it yourself similar to wordpress

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

plz change topic to informal

1 Like

How do I do that?

you Might have done that when you were writing this topic, i did it for you instead.

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Is there any free method?

It’s completely free as long as you host it yourself though last I checked it still couldn’t be installed on normal web hosting. Please correct me if I’m wrong

5 Likes

You cannot use discourse on this hosting. Ruby on Rails programming language is required and Ruby on Rails is not supported in this hosting.

9 Likes

Its not so much that the software needs Ruby, but more about the resources. Discourse is highly recomended to use on a VPS as it can eat at server resources very quickly.

7 Likes

Not only Ruby On Rails, it requires some more in the backend like redis,postgresql and much more.
tbh I would recommend Flarum, it was nightmare for me to debug some invalid errors in discourse.(and had to install it from start )

1 Like

Discourse only officially supports an installation with Docker using their own installer scripts. So for the best experience you’ll need a VPS.

11 Likes

Discourse is free. It has a git repo. I wouldn’t use discourse if it isn’t hosted on a VPS or cloud hosting.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.