Hosting creating issues in circle

Ive just checked now. For the last host the database being used was wp982. This was in wp-config file. Also you changed the changed the database in wp-config but username you have entered something else not the username in mysql database control panel and for password its something else again not from my account in my client area so I am confused where you got these details from so I know for the next time. @admin could you please try to use ‘wp982’ database if thats okay? If that does not work then please try wp9. I would have done it but I keep getting username and password wrong.

No, I didn’t.

The only thing I changed in your WordPress configuration was the database hostname for bigissue.ga, which I updated to match the database host of the hosting account the website was uploaded to. I have not touched any other settings in any other website, including database names.

Did you install the website through Softaculous? Softaculous creates it’s own database users. Normally, these credentials just work, but if they don’t, you can safely replace them with the credentials from the control panel and client area.

I’m sorry, but you know better than I do which WordPress websites are installed where and what these websites should display. So if you would try to use some different databases for different websites, you can just try that for yourself. No need to wait for half a day for me to change a few parameters in your wp-config.php which you can just as easily try for yourself.

Again, I did not touch the database names or authentication credentials of your websites.

1 Like

Okay, now I understand what happened. You changed one little thing to make the website work,. Then I downloaded Softaculous wordpress. It created its own database hence it shows me a brand new website rather than using my own. The issue is, I have tried to use the 982 database, and tried different passwords but nothing works. I get a database error each time.

Let’s take a step back here and figure out what the best way is to get your website back online.

If I understand your last message correctly, you had a working WordPress website before? Was this a website on InfinityFree or somewhere else? And if the website was already on InfinityFree, what were you looking to change.

Also, do you have any recent backups of your website?

1 Like

It was on a different host and working. Yes i have a backup of the website which I have uploaded to the file manager through ftp i think. It was a normal website with a few links and a menu. When you will see it, youll know. 4…co.uk domain was used initially. Others are just addons
thanks

OK, I see that one of your accounts has all of the domains previously mentioned in this article.

I think it might be easiest at this time to just delete all the files and databases from your account and start from scratch. The current state of databases and URLs is getting very confusing, so starting over and trying to

If you’re migrating an existing website, I highly recommend to follow the instructions from the article below. Softaculous is a useful tool, but only to install new websites.

https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-migrate-your-website/

If you want to migrate other websites, you can just follow the instructions again and setup a separate database. The nice thing of setting up the database yourself is that you can give it a sensible name so you can easily tell them apart.

If you want to setup a completely new site on one of the domains, you can use Softaculous for that.

1 Like

Honestly, this stuff has taken way too long. I might as well just re-develop the website.
Could you please tell me how to see my pages in my backup? I want to just copy and paste the text/data to the pages so I do not have to type it all? Also how to refresh my file manager so its like new rather than keeping the useless files inside the folders or please just me what files/folders are in file manager when we start so I can just delete the extra files

thanks

What I forgot to ask: is the backup a WordPress internal backup or a raw copy of the files and database? Because the latter ones are much easier to move than WordPress internal backups.

To clean your account, you can check all the htdocs folders in your account and delete everything in there.

1 Like

Ive been waiting for your response and just seen it now. Not sure how I missed your response. I have uploaded the files again now. Could you check why the website isnt loading at all?
I was on cpanel before. I used backup-restore way to download the files which were in homedir folder. they are the same ones as htdocs and same subfolders.
thanks

I checked your oldest account and see there is only one domain there. This domain name is now loading a clean WordPress site for me. Is this also what you see?

1 Like

@admin yes, I kept it simple and only added one domain. I see the clean wordpress too just as it was before. I have uploaded the files and folders and am not sure why my website,content, theme loads at all
thanks

Also is there anyway to see the text on the website backup?

Depends on what you mean by seeing “text”. You can try to open the database backup in any text editor like Notepad and see the content in it. If you actually want to see what it looks like as part of a web page, you’ll need to install it on a webserver and database. This could be a hosting account or a local installation like XAMPP.

1 Like

@admin I guess due to the time constraints you probably read the newest post hence perhaps missed the one above it.
Let me paste that here.

@admin yes, I kept it simple and only added one domain. I see the clean wordpress too just as it was before. I have uploaded the files and folders and am not sure why my website,content, theme loads at all. Why does it show a fresh new wordpress page than my own website?
thanks

Any replies?

@admin
please

thanks

@:admin for some reasons the website loads a clean wordpress
not sure why as database seems okay abd I have done a fresh upload of the website too
thanks

I checked your website and I see a newly installed WordPress site from Softaculous.

If you’re trying to migrate an existing site, you probably don’t want to use Softaculous. Instead, follow the instructions here:

1 Like

Gave up before. Back now. I deleted the databases and then again did what was in the article. Whenever, I changed the database, wordpress made me do the installation where I installed it again. However, its again a fresh wordpress website rather than the one I had. I am assuming, there is no way to fix it at all and i will have to redo the website. Could you please tell me if there is any way to see the text in the website backup coz I do not want to type everything again
thanks

Well, if you delete a database, then obviously the contents in the database are deleted too. And if WordPress is configured to use an empty database, it will (apparently) offer to install a clean copy of the WordPress tables and records in it.

But since you want to import a backup, creating fresh copies is not what you want. Instead, you’ll want to upload the database contents from your backup to your website, and configure your site to use those.

1 Like

Ofcourse, after deleting the database, I added it as mentioned in my question. I realised coz I changed my domain from x to y maybe that was the issue however, adding the same domain did nothing either. It logged me out of both WP admin panel. I used the old domain before too which caused issues. I am not sure why I cant seem to restore the website.

Again, Could you please tell me if there is any way to see the text in the website backup coz I do not want to type everything again. I just wanna see the text so I do not have to retype it. Or is there any way to load the copies of webpages with text on it so I can just copy it. If you do not know any way then please do let me know do i do not ask you this repeatedly.