I can not enter wordpress

Hi, I can’t access my wordpress control panel, it tells me the following error “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site’s administration email box for instructions.” I haven’t received any emails.
With other websites that also use wordpress, I can enter without problems.

what solution is there?

https://davidlynks.com/

Did you happen to be doing changes or updates on your plugins? Because then one of those plugin installations has failed and you now have broken WordPress plugin.

If you still remember which plugin that is, you can manually disable and fix it, like described here:

https://infinityfree.net/support/installation-failed-critical-error-on-your-website/

If you don’t know the exact plugin, you may need to disable them one by one until you find out which one is broken.

1 Like

the configuration of plugins and web content is the same since when I created the website.
I have not installed or added any new content since its creation. The website opens normally, but I can’t access my wordpress panel since 2 days ago Please i nedd help quickly!. Thanks

It could be an automatic update causing a plugin to break. In which case, you may need to disable them one by one to figure out which is broken.

If you would like a bit more targeted approach, WP_DEBUG may give you more information: Debugging in WordPress – Documentation

I just tried this for you, and got a bunch of errors of missing files and classes in the folder davidlynks.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-optimize/. So I would start by disabling the wp-optimize plugin and see if that brings your website back online. If it does, you can follow the rest of the article to repair your site.

1 Like

Hello, As you indicated, I have deleted from cpanel the wp-optimize folder (davidlynks.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-optimize/), and I have managed to enter the wordpress panel.
It’s strange, because without doing any update or adding content, this plugin was installed and has been updated several times, since 2 months ago without problems.

The next steps of debugging the link that you have provided, could help me how to make them, because I am not a programmer, nor I understand the content of it to make.
Thank you very much.

Both WordPress and Softaculous can do automatic updates of your WordPress installations, as well as themes and plugins on it. Either of those tools could have broken your site.

However, if you didn’t install wp-optimize before, that would be weird.

1 Like

Ok,
The following steps to debug the link you have provided, could help me to do them, because I am not a programmer, nor I understand the content of it.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hello, no one will help me, it’s been more than 48 hours since I wrote.

I’m sorry, I just see I misread your response. I somehow interpreted it that you managed to follow the instructions successfully and thanked everyone for getting your website fixed.

Please note that you don’t need to be a programmer. All you need to do is manage some files through FTP, which doesn’t require you to write a single line of code yourself.

If you’re having trouble following the steps in the article, maybe we can clarify them? If you want that, can you please clearly point out exactly which step you’re having trouble applying? I would like to help, but the instructions are already quite explicit in my opinion.

If you would prefer to have someone do them for you, please find a web developer to help you with this. Please understand that we provide a hosting service. It’s your responsibility to building and maintaining the website running on it.

2 Likes

I have introduced the codes as indicated, but it still doesn’t allow me to update the new version of wordpress, as well as to install 90% of the most used plugins in this platform. Is there a solution to this?

The “solution” to the problem would be to loosen the limits on free hosting. But that creates many new problems, and is not something we can just do. Fortunately, there are workarounds.

To update WordPress, you can attempt a manual upgrade through FTP. WordPress has explained this process on their own documentation: Updating WordPress – Documentation

The same process can be used for plugins and themes.

An alternative workaround would be to switch to premium hosting where the limits are more flexible so you can use the built-in updaters and installers more easily.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.