I do not wish to change the nameserver on my DNS

I have a Domain purchased on a different registrar.
I do not wish to transfer it or change the managing nameserver to yours.
I would like to set an A record to direct the domain to your hosting provider.
How can I achieve this?

What I’m seeing is:

I’m using this software:

Additional information:

You would have to change your nameservers first before adding a domain on your hosting account, as adding a domain directly with an A record isn’t possible at the moment, and only after that you can change to your own nameservers the domain and add an A record pointing to the IP of the server your website is hosted on.

1 Like

Why can’t you change the nameserver? Just inform the visitors with a message saying that it will be down for around 24 - 72 hours.

1 Like

And how would I obtain said IP address?

https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

1 Like

Same issue, I have an existing domain name and through the registrar have all my email accounts setup including redirects. I also have DNS setup for various elements.

All I want to do with InfinityFree is host a website.

To add a domain name to InfinityFree it says:

“Before you can add the domain name to your account, you need to verify it by settings the nameservers of the domain”

The problem is that until you add the domain to the Control Panel you cannot setup email accounts/redirect.

So if I follow the instructions and reconfigure my nameservers to point to InfinityFree it will essentially break all the other functions on my domain including email until I can verify the domain, add it to the Control Panel and recreate all the email accounts/redirects or change DNS MX records to point to my other mail server.

I realise its a “free” service but this is a pretty poor service forcing people to essentially break their current setup before being allowed to configure in the Control Panel.

Please create a new topic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.