I need to delete or edit a MX Record with priority zero

Hi everyone,

Like says the title I need to delete or edit a MX Record with priority zero, but I have an issue because it shows this when I try to delete: “Error #459346986 Please contact supportMX Records can not be altered on subdomains”.

What can I do?

@camilobotero said:
Hi everyone,

Like says the title I need to delete or edit a MX Record with priority zero, but I have an issue because it shows this when I try to delete: “Error #459346986 Please contact supportMX Records can not be altered on subdomains”.

What can I do?

You can’t delete the mx record that it’s priority is zero.
The name of it is “mx.byetcluster.com” am I right?
Then you can’t delete this.

You can create another MX record and the default mx record that can’t be deleted will not affect your email delivery, it is only a backup if your first server mx fails.

@camilobotero said:
Hi everyone,

What can I do?

In the name, you can see your account’s main domain. That means the MX record will only affect your main domain, not the other domains you have on your account. You cannot change it or remove it, but it will not affect email for any other domain either.

So you can just ignore it.

But the problem is that I set the MX record to mx.epizy.com and my mail is working for sending emails, but not for receiving.

@camilobotero said:
But the problem is that I set the MX record to mx.epizy.com and my mail is working for sending emails, but not for receiving.

Were you using Cloudflare?
If so, then it breaks incoming email, you can receive again if you disable Cloudflare.

You can also change your name servers to Cloudflare so you can use both Cloudflare and set mx records so that you can both use Cloudflare and email receiving.

@camilobotero said:

MX records don’t affect sending email. You could have no MX records or MX records pointing to a different mail service and sending email would still work fine. So being able to send email correctly does not say anything about your ability to receive email.

So what is the problem exactly? Your first message is an error related to deleting unrelated MX records. Now you’re saying receiving email does not work? If so, did you check this article already? https://infinityfree.net/support/unable-to-receive-email/