iFastNet Outage

Is this true?

I’ve only connected to my site using FileZilla once but I used ftpupload.net

1 Like

It isn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t expect it to be the fastest but if you say it’s faster, I guess I can give it a try.

1 Like

No. Probably just his browser cache.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ah, yes. I should have supposed.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 01.56.41

2 Likes

Yep. Still down.

1 Like

This is what it would say if it was up:

1 Like

“Unknown host” is even worse than no data being sent back at all though. I’ve got a feeling this is going to be an issue for at least a week,

1 Like

They might have to refund people if it lasts too long.

1 Like

This worries me! I cannot afford a week, but most other [decent] free hosts use ifastnet, so no use there.

EDIT: @RyderCragie I know you use Google to host your main website, do they let you do custom HTML?

1 Like

You can embed code on it. The search bar is custom HTML but the site itself is just done in an editor.

OK, thanks. Might be going to Google for a while!

and a haha to the forum.

3 Likes

It’s very good. I made a YouTube video about it if you want to have a look.

But here you can see it’s just drag and drop. Very simple and I love it.

1 Like

I should also add that I’ve tried Wix and Squarespace. They’re horrific to use and they charge you for SSL and using your own domain. Google Sites doesn’t cost you anything. They let you use your own domain for free and you get SSL for free. It’s even easier with Google Domains because you don’t have to do any DNS faffing. I could go on for hours about how great it is.

1 Like

My only problem is I like hand-coding (and Bootstrap). I’ll look into google sites.

1 Like

I just put a new site on a subdomain in less than 20 seconds. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I also enjoy coding it from scratch and the only thing I can do right now is work on the site on my local files and then push the updates in the future once the site is back.

3 Likes