Imagine being suspended for containing 4chan content

Yeah, couldn’t be me…

Wdym??

If you require support, please fill out the topic template. If you do not require support, please make sure to use the “informal” tag. Can you please clarify the intent of your topic?

3 Likes

thatkeywordisnotallowedonfreehosting

So… what exactly do you need help with?

And why are you posting this here instead of the ticket where the people who can actually do something for you are?

literally suspending account for having 4chan in .html file.

maybe do something with your filters?

Why is 4chan something that isn’t allowed on free hosting?

What’s the problem?

If Bing blocks it for me, there is something wrong with it.

From wikipedia (Bold text is my own formatting):

4chan was created as an unofficial English-language counterpart to the Japanese imageboard Futaba Channel, also known as 2chan, and its first boards were created for posting images and discussion related to anime. The site has been described as a hub of Internet subculture, with its community being influential in the formation of prominent Internet memes, such as lolcats, Rickrolling, rage comics, and Wojaks, as well as hacktivist and political movements, such as Anonymous and the alt-right. 4chan has often been the subject of media attention as a source of controversies, including the coordination of pranks and harassment against websites and Internet users, and the posting of illegal and offensive content. The Guardian summarized the 4chan community of 2008 as “lunatic, juvenile (…) brilliant, ridiculous and alarming”.[3]

3 Likes

Ah.

I always knew it as a notorious place for people to come up with new internet trends or memes, or where hackers post their recent announcements.

I guess it’s a lot darker than that :confused:

1 Like

4chan and related sites are known as unmoderated message boards where anyone can share anything. This includes pretty much all kinds of disgusting, dangerous and illegal content you can think of.

We want to stay far away from content like that.

5 Likes

Yeah, 4chan (and related sites) is like anarchy, I can agree. But really, only one mention of 4chan will lead to account suspension.

1 Like

That keyword isn’t allowed in free hosting

Yeah, actually imagine creating a blog post that tells “Why you shouldn’t visit 4chan - Here’s Why”, then somehow the system thinks it triggers a restricted keyword “4chan” without understanding the word “shouldn’t:thinking:.

Eh. Just avoid forbidden topics and talk about the oncoming digital cake race instead (Don’t ask).

Yess. I remember, last time @KangJL won…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.