Increase upload_max_filesize in php.ini

Please, increase upload_max_filesize!
The default is 10MB and i can’t upload files and themes to my Wordpress site because the file is larger than 10MB!
Help… show me a other way to upload. I try by FTP (using FileZilla) too and when the upload ends show a error that the connection failed.

Thank you.
Lucas.

We unfortunately cannot increase the max upload size because we don’t want to host file sharing sites. However, you can upload a theme without using Wordpress’ own uploader. Simply extract the theme archive on your desktop and upload it to the wp-content/themes directory using FTP.

The timeout of FTP connections is quite short so you may need to reconnect after the upload is finished. However, the FTP timeout should never interrupt uploads, regardless of how long they may take.

@Admin keep in mind that barelly anyone wants to make hosting sites on Infinityfree. I agree, upload limit is too small if you need to upload large PHP softwares or themes. And splitting is very complicated.

Yes, 10MB is small, a image have more than 10MB and so i can’t upload it. :frowning:

@Admin keep in mind that barelly anyone wants to make hosting sites on Infinityfree. I agree, upload limit is too small if you need to upload large PHP softwares or themes. And splitting is very complicated.

Well, you don’t need to split it. You can just unpack the archive on your own computer and upload the entire directory using FTP and FileZilla. It’s pretty easy to upload scripts, plugins and themes that way.

FTP shouldn’t time out partway through an upload… I uploaded a lot (Like 200MB+) to a different host via ftp before and it worked fine.

I honestly think that even if people want to make a hosting site, they won’t succeed on a free hosting, not even for personal use. Also, I think the upload_max_filesize should be at least 25 MB, prefferably 50 MB or more… you could conter by limiting the ammount of data uploaded through php…