InfinityFree Uptime

After measuring my website uptime for over 30 days using UptimeRobot, I got a surprising result.

InfinityFree uptime seems to average at 99.35% in the last 30 days.

Do you know why this happened?

Well, because of this:

So, in conclusion, the advertised 99.9% uptime seems to be inaccurate.

Thanks for reading.

Website IP Address: 185.27.134.34

(As of writing this post, my website is currently down (Connection Timeout))

2 Likes

One time I’m monitoring IF with Hetrix, they’re up for solid month. (At least till I delete my account and recreate a new account) :confused:

Nothing is perfect. 99% uptime is extremely good for a free service so I’d say let’s be grateful about it instead.

6 Likes

I just checked our own uptime data.

We have a total of 119 IP addresses hosting websites right now. Of this, 4 had less than 99% uptime and 8 had between 99% and 99.9% uptime in the last 30 days. That means there are 107 IP addresses which had an uptime of over 99.9%.

So the 99.9% uptime is true for most websites most of the time. Ideally, we’d provide those kinds of figures to all sites all the time, but between frequent DDoS attacks and the occasional system error this can just happen.

1 Like

Does the uptime counts “Connection Timeout” errors?

My uptime checks poll the IP address to see whether it responds to connections. Most outages either come with a Connection Refused or Connection Timeout type error on the entire IP address, which is picked up easily by my monitoring.

Other issues, like home directories not being available or the database server being unresponsive aren’t so easy to monitor.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.