Installation failed: Abort class-pclzip.php : Missing zlib extensions

It’s because iFastNet is down. Let me know if it creates an issue. Anyways, because iFastNet is down with zlib, it’s not able to recognize it. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

I heavily recommend you reinstalling everything you’ve installed manually during the outage just to make sure.

ia this issue of zlib resolved yet ? Thanks

1 Like

Oh alright! Nah, the installations are fine otherwise. Uploading folders works.

1 Like

Not yet. Try installing a plugin. If it says anything about zlib, then it’s not fixed. If the installation through Wordpress was successful, then yes, and I need an eye exam, think I’m goin blind on issues.

Also if you haven’t already, check out how to safely force install plugins.

1 Like

No not really the issue it has been going since yesterday , what about upgrading wordpress what would be the easier way to get it done > Thanks

1 Like

Not so sure about upgrading Wordpress. I might have to test some things out and see a solution. Thanks for suggesting! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for suggesting, helping, and all the other amazing things you done on this topic! :partying_face:

I never thought so many people used Wordpress on InfinityFree, and never expected the topic to get big!

Within the span of like two days, we’ve managed to get 290+ views! Insane! :metal:

Should I make a website/whatever on force-installing plugins, and a more detailed tutorial? Let me know by messaging me! (or just replying) :blush:

1 Like

If you’re talking about updating the WP version, you can do so by downloading the latest WP fr,om wordpress.org and then use an FTP client to upload it to your website folder. I don’t know much. I’m just trying to help but that’s how I updated mine. You would probably have content as well so don’t know how will it work with that.

1 Like

Never thought of using FTP! Lemme real quick just reinstall my brain :joy:

1 Like

lot hassle , don’t get me wrong this issue should have been sorted out as soon as possible , fear enough we are using their hosting for free but once again i still think we shouldn’t go through all of this . Thanks .

looks like Damages of coronavirus on hostings?

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Happens! I saw it here, How to fix a corrupted WordPress installation - Docs - InfinityFree Forum

1 Like

Forum mod BayoDino said there were not as many issues back then. Again, it is free hosting, not meant to be great. Hopefully this issue does get resolved soon.

PHPronavirus has entered the topic.

2 Likes

Welcome! Also, it’s not that difficult though. Quite simple. Steps mentioned in the support page link I shared.

1 Like

Good tutorial but i am afraid i will have to wait and if nothing get fixed in the next days , i will have no other option but to upgrade …

2 Likes

If you need to build a site urgently, here’s what I would do:

• Force install plugins and themes I need
  • Update Wordpress with FTP (if needed)
  • Wait for zlib to get back up and running
  • Reinstall plugins and themes for security purposes

i am not able to see plugins inside wordpress

Please make a new topic for it? So we could help you more further.

2 Likes