My Website Doesn't Work It Is Giving The Error Message : ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Website URL

My website

Error Message

Other Information

IMAGE TO SHOW THE SSL SHOULD BE THERE

The error message has to do with if a website doesn’t have an SSL, but my website does have an SSL, this happened about a month ago when I had to renew my SSL certificate. The website works sometimes and my internet which is xfinity blocks it, so your milage may vary if the website doesn’t work.

the certificate is there, you browser may just not see it yet

2 Likes

See it yet? It says it was issued on Feb 18

Also this issue is not just happening to me but also to the other users using the website

See my last screenshot, the certificate is installed on the site

4 Likes

Okay then why is it giving an error not just to me but to multiple people that the SSL isn’t there

working fine for me, no errors

4 Likes

I have no idea why you see that error. Your SSL certificate is valid, it’s installed, and it seems to be working for everyone but you (your website and SSL are also working fine for me).

5 Likes

Could have to do with certain internet providers, because xfinity wifi seems to be an issue with blocking my website

ISPs don’t really do anything with certificates. Your browser / device is in charge of those.

But you can try using a different network if you think that may resolve it.

5 Likes

Why is it not secure if I have the SSL certificate on my website?

That’s a message from what I assume is a browser extension you have. InfinityFree can’t control that. You should probably contact the developers of that extension to get your site whitelisted.

5 Likes

I don’t have an extension that is just my internet

It says the connection to the website isn’t secure

The error you saw indicated you were not able to setup a HTTPS connection. So if you don’t use HTTPS, you don’t have that problem.

It could be possible that your internet provider is using some kind of “security” filter that may be interfering with your ability to connect to your site with us?

Could you please try to connect over a VPN and see if that helps? If it does, then please consider contacting your ISP about this, as they may be breaking your ability to see your site.

6 Likes

Yes the website works with a vpn

If your site works with a VPN, that proves my theory:

Which means:

Everything points to your ISP preventing you from accessing your site. They have that power, and there is nothing we can do against that.

5 Likes

Is blacklisted in several places as well as on avast/avg AV

image = FW blocked conn.

6 Likes