Not getting FTP connection

When I want to connect FTP,I find the message that “Timeout detected. (control connection)
Could not retrieve directory listing
Error listing directory ‘/’.”.How can I get connection by FTP?

@Sarwar said:
When I want to connect FTP,I find the message that “Timeout detected. (control connection)
Could not retrieve directory listing
Error listing directory ‘/’.”.How can I get connection by FTP?

Can you please verify you are able to connect to FTP by opening ftp://ftp.epizy.com/ in your browser? Some virus scanners and internet providers block access to our servers.

I have the same issue. It was working few days ago. Now trying to ping ftp.epizy.com and ftp.rf.gd. The DNS resolves for both the IP 185.27.134.11, but no reply at all.

Another detail: I’m trying to connect from Brazil (IP starting with 189.x.x.x). When using a VPN to Europe, it works normally. Most probably issues with DNS

@eduardom said:
I have the same issue. It was working few days ago. Now trying to ping ftp.epizy.com and ftp.rf.gd. The DNS resolves for both the IP 185.27.134.11, but no reply at all.

Ping is blocked on our servers. I can’t ping them either, but setting up an FTP connection works fine from my end.

@eduardom said:
Another detail: I’m trying to connect from Brazil (IP starting with 189.x.x.x). When using a VPN to Europe, it works normally. Most probably issues with DNS

Actually, that sounds more like your internet service provider is blocking access to our FTP servers. The FTP server has been on this IP address for years, so I doubt it’s a DNS issue (unless your ISP reroutes the DNS of course).