Paid Members Area

Hello,
Does anyone know how I could create a members area that would require payment? For example, it would cost $3 to view the protected pages forever. I found a payment forum, but I don’t really know how to add a password field so that users can use it to login to the protected pages.

If there is something else that would work better (Preferably free/open-source), let me know! I do want to avoid WP, or other non-static (I forgot the word, is it dynamic?) CMS’s.

Thanks!

You first need to think about accounts, you can’t do any sort of payment without the user being logged into an account. I recommend using PayPal as your payment gateway as it’s much easier to use over stripe.

Once you’ve dealt with user accounts, you then need to think about how you’re going to store the fact that the user has paid for those pages. The easiest way would be to reserve a field in the database and change the value when the user has paid.

I found this tutorial online about PHP and PayPal, however, it requires Composer to install (so I’ve been nice and provided the package below). It (in theory) should make your life easier as a lot of the security, etc is already there.

If for whatever reason this doesn’t work, there are plenty of non-composer tutorials online and at the end of the day, you don’t have to use PayPal if you don’t want to, it’s just my recommendation.

composer-omnipay.zip (799.8 KB)

3 Likes

You ve to set up a database and a page where the users can log in and pay then use sessions, you ve to make some way to generate a different id for users that payed and then use this script : session_start(); if(isset($_SESSION[‘id’])){ here you can chose what to do }
this is php by the way good luck

I guess you could find another tutorial on how to write a members area / login system in PHP and merge that with the system. Building a simple solution shouldn’t be too hard.

There are plenty of ways to build what you’re looking for, depending on the versatility you need. But I can’t think of any solution that’s (almost) free and requires (almost) no custom coding.

5+ hours on search engines get me here :joy:

I with I knew php. It would solve a lot of issues I am having now.

Probably because people don’t want to give there hard work away for free (Witch I understand). I was hoping I would be lucky on this one, I may just stick with extra ads on those pages instead.

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

You can use Profile Builder Wordpress Plugin

I don’t want to use WP

Sorry didn’t notice that in the end

1 Like

Another Idea would be to build a site introducing people to the paid members area. Then you can add a contact form to allow people to sign up. Then create a folder in your htdocs of where you want the paid members area to be. Go to the directory privacy section of vPanel and choose that directory. Choose a strong password. Then give your members the password and username.

However I don’t know how to automate the proccess.

Good idea, but each person would need unique credentials, and it would need to be automated.
Thanks for the idea.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.