Permission issue

Hello I have signed up to your service just yesterday. My domain name has been successfully transferred. Ive tried to upload an index.htm through the file manager but I can’t. It says: there was an error creating the file: error during FTP upload operation, permission denied at “domain name of my website”

So I’ve tried changing folders permissions through the chmod but I can’t either. I receive the message "changing item permission failed with error: error during FTP change permission, file not found : /logs

I know I had deleted all the files there was by default in my file manager prior domain transfer. So what am I to do now? Thanks for your help.

hello
since you’ve all wiped out
if there is no directory with the name htdocs

create a new directory/folder
with the name htdocs (chmod 755)
and put the files of your website inside

As @OxyDac said, create a htdocs folder in the root of your server and upload the files to that folder. Also, you might need whatever is in the root of the server. It has log files from people visiting your website to files needed from softaculous and even webmail. The only way I know how to fix this is by creating another domain name with InfinityFree and transferring the files via ftp.

now i see you mentioned file index.htm
not index.html (L)

then either rename your index.htm to index.html
or create .htaccess file inside of your htdocs folder
and put this inside

# start here
DirectoryIndex index.htm 

because the server tries to serve first index.php and if it does not find it
looking for index.html
but you use a shorter name variant
and then you have to tell the server what is the home page

Hi, thanks for your answers. My domain name is already inside a folder named logs. And inside my domain name there are two folders, access and errors.

1 Like

@Jessica88 said:
Hi, thanks for your answers. My domain name is already inside a folder named logs. And inside my domain name there are two folders, access and errors.

That’s the folder where the logs of your websites are stored. You can’t upload any files to them and you cannot reach those files through your own website.

I checked your account and it looks like the htdocs folder was deleted. Please create a new folder in your account called htdocs and upload your website files to that folder.

Hello, I have made a htdocs folder in root. Then I’ve tried to move the logs directory (containing my domain name) inside and it didn’t work. I’ve tried to just move my domain name directory inside the htdocs but it doesn’t work either. It says unable to move directory.

@Jessica88 said:
Hello, I have made a htdocs folder in root. Then I’ve tried to move the logs directory (containing my domain name) inside and it didn’t work. I’ve tried to just move my domain name directory inside the htdocs but it doesn’t work either. It says unable to move directory.

Just don’t touch the logs directory. You cannot move or edit it, you can only view it’s contents. The logs directory does not affect your website.

1 Like

folder logs is just a system folder where errors and access are logged
is named as your domain just to make it easier for human

this does not mean that your website is inside
your website files must be placed inside of htdocs folder