PHP can't read from, write to or create XML files- only when hosted

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

http://supergroceries.epizy.com/frontend/signin.php

Error Message

There’s no error message per se. However, all of my PHP code seems to fail when trying to read, write to or create PHP files. I’m having a hard time solving this as all of the code works perfectly when run on a localhost server. It simply acts as if XML files don’t exist when hosted on InfinityFree.

I’m not sure what other information would help here, short of posting the source code… I’m hoping one of you excellent people has seen a similar issue in the past!

Cheers

Make sure you uploaded all files.

Some files/folders are missing.

Those files are missing in my local version as well, but they shouldn’t (and don’t locally) affect the XMLs. It’s not the neatest at the moment…

“It works on my machine” is not exactly an actionable diagnosis. Especially since this is all custom code, it’s hard to say what’s going on.

Also, what exactly are you trying to write? You say you write PHP files? But then there are troubles with XML files too?

It would help a lot if you could try some debugging yourself. “My code doesn’t work” could have bazillions of reasons. If you could narrow it down to something like “code snippet A should get data from B and do C with it and write it to D but line X should do Y but actually does Z”, that would help us tremendously.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.