PNG and JPEG support missing for GD extension on some accounts

PNG and JPEG support missing for GD extension on some accounts

Since March 15, we have seen a number of reports saying that the GD extension was missing or incomplete.

Which components are affected by this issue

Websites that generate images or provide image upload functionality may experience issues with this. The GD extension can be used to edit images (resizing, compressing, etc.), which is not possible on some accounts.

What issues may you see

The errors vary, but you may see the issue manifest itself as the imagecreatefromjpeg() and imagecreatefrompng() functions missing.

When will this issue be resolved

We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.

What can you do to fix this

At this time, there are no known workarounds.

We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. We are happy to provide any information we have to help you.

However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, we ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

• Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.

12 Likes

It appears that the issue is caused by a bad PHP update from an upstream vendor. A fix for this is being made, and we expect this to be ready and installed in the next 48 hours.

10 Likes

Just to remind everyone: we are aware of the issue, and we are working to fix it.

Please have patience while the fix is being prepared and deployed.

And please only reply to this topic if you have useful information or a relevant question. Simply stating that you are also experiencing the issue is not helpful, so such replies will be flagged and removed.

9 Likes

Hi @Admin Since It’s been four days since the initial outage, can we get an update on this? Thanks!

2 Likes

I have just asked iFastNet for an update.

Unfortunately, it seems that the fix that should be released has not been released yet. The plan right now is to wait for another 48 hours for the fix to be released. After that, we may be forced to roll back the PHP update. However, we hope to avoid that, as it may be painful.

10 Likes

@Admin 48 hours have already passed but the issue still persists. Any update?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the fix has still not been released, so iFastNet is going to proceed with the rollback. This is scheduled for tomorrow.

12 Likes

So this mean the best option for us the (Users) is to take backup on our site is that correct?

1 Like

Having a backup is always a good idea, but is not necessary for this by any means. The only thing that will be rolled back is the PHP version that’s installed. Your website files will not be rolled back (we don’t have any way to do so in the first place). At worst, it may result in some downtime for websites, but I see no reason to assume that the data of your website is not completely safe.

8 Likes

The rollback has been completed! All servers have been reverted to a PHP version that does have the right GD settings. All usual GD functions should now be available again.

9 Likes

Dont know why, I still get the error page. Is there anything I must do?

What is your domain name? Where do you see this issue?

4 Likes

Geek-road.ch
have this issue when try to connect my cjdropshipping account to my woocommerce.

What do you see exactly?

3 Likes

https://errors.infinityfree.net/errors/404/
i dont know if its correlated to this issue…

nevermind, problem solved… my error!

Is that error listed in the original announcement? If not, then you can assume it’s not related.

If you want help with any other error, then please create a new topic about it. If it turns out that it does have an underlying cause related to a known issue, we can find that out. But then we keep the topic about the outage about the outage, and not about unrelated issues that happen to occur around the same time.

6 Likes