Problem importing my database

Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.
Como resolver isso?

Welcome!

As this is an English forum, please type in English, or use an online translator.

Can you please elaborate more on the issue? What is the url? What are you trying to do, and/or what code are you trying to execute?

Please let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

Thank you! Line size too large (>8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB might help. In the current line format, the 0-byte BLOB prefix is ā€‹ā€‹stored in line. This error appears when I try to import my database.
Lusas.news

I think something here may be the solution. Can you copy the entire MySQL Query here though?
Thanks

2 Likes

I have 118 tables in the backup and it only matters 59

I agree with Greenreader9, having the full SQL query from the error would be extremely useful.

In any case, the issue seems to be that the table in question here just seems to create extremely big rows. And whereas this may have worked with your previous hosting provider, apparently the row size limit is smaller with us, or some other server parameter is different that restricts this on our hosting.

ā€œSo then change the settingsā€ would seem like a simple fix, but these are server settings that affect many thousands of websites, and we canā€™t just change them because one person is having trouble with one table.

The other solution would be to change the table definition to result in smaller rows. If itā€™s your own code, thatā€™s what I would say. But judging by the table name, Iā€™m guessing that this is a WordPress plugin, which means you canā€™t just do that.

So I think your best bet is to completely remove that plugin from your website (not just disable, but completely uninstall), then migrate your website, and then restore the slider. And even then, it may not work if the plugin tries to create this same table again.

In the end, having huge rows like this is usually a sign of poor database design, and you canā€™t expect server operators to just disable all safety guards, sanity checks and performance optimizations so poorly built software will run on it.

2 Likes

Hi,
I appreciate the feedback. Can you please let me know which plugin I have to delete? Thanks

The table name is wp_rich_web_slider_effect1. So I guess the plugin would be called something like ā€œRich Web Sliderā€? Iā€™m not sure which plugin that is exactly.

3 Likes

Thanks! Following is the complete SQL error query:

CREATE TABLE `wp_rich_web_slider_effect1` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `rich_web_slider_ID` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_slider_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_slider_type` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_SlS` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_SlSS` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_PoH` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_W` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_H` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_BoxS` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_BoxSC` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_IBW` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_IBS` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_IBC` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_IBR` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_TBgC` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_TC` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_TTA` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_TFS` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_TFF` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_TUp` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `rich_web_Sl1_A[...]

can you check that you donā€™t have a comma (,)
on the last line somewhere below that SQL

and that you closed with )

this is how it should look somewhere at the bottom

2 Likes

I deleted the plugin and managed to import the database, but the site still has the infinityFree homepage

Did you install WordPress in the first place?

I havenā€™t installed wp yet. Is there a step by step for me to follow after migrating the site to phpmyadmin?

Well, thatā€™s why you only see the welcome page. If you website has no files, itā€™s going to act like it has no files. The database is only part of the backend, you need a frontend in order to actually show a website.

Can you give me the next steps? Iā€™m a layman and itā€™s the first time I migrate a hosting. Thank you very much.

That is what the KB is for :slight_smile:

Do let me know if you have any specific questions though

4 Likes

Even though I have a website, do I need to download wp through the control panel? Or is there another way to do this?
In this case, would I have to upload the folder marked marciasilveira to the htdocs folder?

and as you can see in the image above, my domain does not appear as in this example:

In this case, the correct folder of the file is the one marked