"search engine crawlers can still access your website" no they can't

Website URL

Site is https://qwtf.rf.gd/. SSL installed fine. The site itself is all fine.

Error Message

Bing won’t index my site because it thinks (incorrectly) that EVERY link has guidelines issues and it looks like this when I search for the URL:

On Google it’s “Crawled - currently not indexed” and doesn’t show up in any results unless I search for the URL.

Evidently the hosting is free because no one will ever find it thanks to all the “security features.”

Hello

I am not quite sure what the issue is, as my own website hosted in free hosting gets crawled correctly. Admin should be able to provide some insight into what is happening.

5 Likes

Did you try following the advice in the article? Have you submitted your sitemap, and have you checked the parts referring to what could be causing it (which should be mentioned in Google’s report) as well as submitting a report for them to index your site?

Keep in mind this notice as well:

Did you recently create the page or request indexing?

It can take time for Google to index your page; allow at least a week after submitting a sitemap or a submit to index request before assuming a problem. If your page or site change is recent, check back in a week to see if it is still missing.

5 Likes

Google says everything is fine but the site doesn’t appear in any search results except qwtf.rf.gd. I’ve tried everything I know. There are no manual actions preventing it from appearing. The .htaccess is updated. Ironically THIS THREAD is already on Google if I search for “qwtf” but my actual site is nowhere. And Bing thinks every link has issues preventing indexing because it’s not reading my actual HTML.

To be real, this is how the Google’s algorithm works. High level and unique domain names are given more priority to stay on top or first page of google, yours is neither unique in name (looked up qwtf and the first result is team fortress) nor high level (*.rf.gd instead of.com, .net etc)

You can disable the security feature using CloudFlare and a domain of your own (if you want it free then I recommend https://nic.eu.org)

8 Likes

I’m on the free hosting too and my website is on the top of search results and got crawled as usual by Google. maybe check your SEO things, and check your website using this tool https://pagespeed.web.dev/
It might help you discover why there are indexing issues in your website

4 Likes

It’s not listed at all on Google. Search “QWTF Chronicles” and it doesn’t appear.
I want to know why my free site is being uniquely singled out and not indexed.
It is on Yandex, actually. But not Google or Bing.

PageSpeed says it’s unable to resolve https://qwtf.rf.gd/.
Bing thinks the HTML of all of my pages is

<html><body><script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers(d){var e=[];d.replace(/(..)/g,function(d){e.push(parseInt(d,16))});return e}function toHex(){for(var d=[],d=1==arguments.length&&arguments[0].constructor==Array?arguments[0]:arguments,e="",f=0;f<d.length;f++)e+=(16>d[f]?"0":"")+d[f].toString(16);return e.toLowerCase()}var a=toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),b=toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),c=toNumbers("310ee94fc3073d84d2d8889c8924cf04");document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 23:55:55 GMT; path=/"; location.href="https://qwtf.rf.gd/?i=1";</script><noscript>This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support</noscript></body></html>

As I said.

4 Likes

So the solution is don’t use InfinityFree?

1 Like

Google is able to access your site without any problem:

Searching for the title of your site is not a fair comparison. All we can do is to make sure Google is able to index your site, we cannot guarantee you will also be ranked highly for the keywords you want.

6 Likes

Ok I already said you can find my site on Google if you look for the URL specifically.
I’m not doing a CloudFlare workaround to make it work.
I want an actual solution that allows Bing and Google to index my free site properly.

Google is already indexing your site properly it seems, the search results I shared show that.

Bing is also able to index other .rf.gd domains as well, which all have the same browser validation too:

All I see on your site that could affect things is that you have some .htaccess code to strip the ?i=1 prefix and do some other normalization. I wouldn’t be surprised if that code is actually breaking the crawler and sends it into the Google page.

4 Likes

No, Google is aware of my site because of what I’ve done in Google Search Console, just like Bing is aware because of what I’ve done in Webmaster Tools. But if you search Google for “qwtf chronicles” or “qwtf.rf” which should definitely show my site somewhere, it still will not appear. It is not ranked/indexed. Only the URL works. Likewise on Bing, it won’t appear anywhere unless you search exactly for qwtf.rf.gd.

Yes, I do see rf.gd sites on Google and Bing, including ones using https, and I’m able to find them in natural search results, meaning it is possible to index them properly.

Bing has known my site since April, before I had any .htaccess file, and before I installed SSL, and it gave the same error that there are guidelines issues preventing indexing, because instead of my actual HTML, the ‘tested page’ is

<html><body><script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers(d){var e=[];d.replace(/(..)/g,function(d){e.push(parseInt(d,16))});return e}function toHex(){for(var d=[],d=1==arguments.length&&arguments[0].constructor==Array?arguments[0]:arguments,e="",f=0;f<d.length;f++)e+=(16>d[f]?"0":"")+d[f].toString(16);return e.toLowerCase()}var a=toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),b=toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),c=toNumbers("310ee94fc3073d84d2d8889c8924cf04");document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 23:55:55 GMT; path=/"; location.href="https://qwtf.rf.gd/?i=1";</script><noscript>This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support</noscript></body></html>

Yes, if you filter the search results specifically for your website URL, the search engine will return pages on your site. Which means those pages have been crawled by the search engine and added to their indexes.

Whether you also see that site if you search for a keyword of your site, like the title, has nothing to do with crawling and everything with how search results are ranked. If you want to improve your ranking, please find an SEO expert to help you with this. All we do is provide hosting, and the only thing that a hosting provider can do is make sure that your site is reachable by search engines, which is very clearly possible.

With Google, this is all working correctly. With Bing, it’s not, and I suspect that your .htaccess rules are causing this. Search engine crawlers do execute Javascript and store cookies and so can pass our browser validation, as you can clearly see by the numerous other sites using our free subdomains that have been crawled without any issues.

Everything I see indicates that there is no problem for search crawlers to access sites hosted by us. I know that this is not the answer you want. I’d love to be of more help, but please understand that I cannot solve a problem that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

9 Likes

I understand SEO and Google. Ok, I’ll say that Google is causing the issue.

But Bing is a real problem. I created a new URL, https://qwtf.is-best.net, and I have not made an .htaccess file. Bing still has the exact same problem. I cannot verify on Bing with a meta tag in the HTML (because it can’t read my site’s HTML), I can verify only with the BingSiteAuth.xml file. Bing still cannot index this new URL because of “guidelines issues,” i.e. it still thinks my HTML is this garbage:

<html><body><script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers(d){var e=[];d.replace(/(..)/g,function(d){e.push(parseInt(d,16))});return e}function toHex(){for(var d=[],d=1==arguments.length&&arguments[0].constructor==Array?arguments[0]:arguments,e="",f=0;f<d.length;f++)e+=(16>d[f]?"0":"")+d[f].toString(16);return e.toLowerCase()}var a=toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),b=toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),c=toNumbers("98de9529cc8515e9a0ffb5ace75a6c01");document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 23:55:55 GMT; path=/"; location.href="https://qwtf.is-best.net/?i=1";</script><noscript>This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support</noscript></body></html>

And the fact that using CloudFlare apparently solves the issue points toward the DNS/bot protection being the problem.

Yes, you did create a .htaccess file:

Looking at the contents of the .htaccess file, you’re just redirecting it to the rf.gd site. So I’m not sure if Bing rejects the site because it doesn’t have any content, or whether it is because the redirect target rf.gd has an issue, I don’t know. All I know is that this comparison doesn’t mean anything if you just redirect back to the broken page.

What fact? If you use Cloudflare, the browser validation system is disabled because Cloudflare’s security provides sufficient protection.

But this is not available for subdomains, and I already showed that many other subdomains can be indexed without problems, so using Cloudflare isn’t necessary to fix this issue.

7 Likes

Oh yeesh, yes, after the new URL failed and I realized it wasn’t going to help me, I set it up to redirect to my original site. I set up my site cleanly on the new URL and it didn’t work, ok? rf.gd and is-best.net both had my page content and did not work, got it? It’s not just my index page, it’s any page on the site, with or without a .htaccess. How clear can I be that literally no URL that I submit to Bing will work and it isn’t because of anything I’m doing? It always shows up as that garbage HTML about JavaScript. Blaming me is not a solution.

Bing does things a little differently than Google, but I know from experience that they’re more than capable of crawling and indexing a site hosted here. You may want to try taking this up with Bing.

7 Likes

I know from experience that Bing is unable to crawl sites on InfinityFree, my own included. The message tells all, where the crawler fails to respond correctly as per genuine browser, IF sends back that message. Clearly Google’s crawler(s) are smarter and correctly respond as per browser and they get access to your pages. I have long since given up on Bing because it is clear that IF denies access.

So while Google is able to crawl our sites properly, their algorithm hates free sites so do not expect to rank well where there is competition for your keywords. Using a free site tilts the playing field steeply against you, it is just something you have to accept or pay up for your own domain (and then wait 5 years for Google to decide you have some credibility).

I hear your frustration, and feel it myself, but at least IF provides decent speed and reliability compared to other free hosts. PageSpeed Insights ranks my site as 100 for Performance, 98 for accessibility, 100 for Best Practices, and 100 for SEO, and it is still nowhere in the search results.

3 Likes

That is not true. I have websites hosted both on free hosting, and on paid hosting. The below screenshot is of the Bing webmaster panel showing the stats for one of my free hosting websites.

Bing’s crawler is able to access and crawl free hosting websites. Sometimes, when you run a manual check, the actual crawler is not used for that check, and it fails.

However, when Bing goes to actually crawl your site with the real crawler, they are able to see your sites real content.

6 Likes