server down

i am experiencing a 404 server error for my site why is that ? it has been down for almost 24 hours now, what is going on? i thought this was a reliable service.

if this is a joke than LOL

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+error+404+mean

@sd124xc said:
i am experiencing a 404 server error for my site why is that ? it has been down for almost 24 hours now, what is going on? i thought this was a reliable service.

The service is not the problem, your website is. What’s wrong with your website? Simple: it doesn’t exist on the server.

You’re supposed to upload the files of your site to the directory called htdocs, which is completely gone on your account. Simply create a new directory with that name and upload your website files to it to bring your site back online.

when I saw the picture of the unicorn I thought someone was joking
I’m sorry @sd124xc if I thought it was a joke

but it was working before so why did this folder gone i did not delete it i am sure of that

i checked now the folder is already there so what is the problem

i can give a screenshot but i don’t know how to upload it with this text editor

@sd124xc said:
i can give a screenshot but i don’t know how to upload it with this text editor

Screenshot uploads have been disabled, you need to use an external image host.

@sd124xc said:
i checked now the folder is already there so what is the problem

OK, I was a bit too fast with my previous response.

For starters, can you please state what domain exactly doesn’t work for you so we’re all looking at the same thing?

i have only one domain so there should not be any place for confusion (i am really starting to wonder if it’s my account you are talking about) but anyways the domain is:

ar-webdevs.is-great.net

i am not sure if you still think this is a joke as OxyDac mentioned but please take this seriously.

and thanks in advance

admin will come soon and check your acc.
but i think the problem is no index.XY in folder dashboard

@sd124xc said:
i have only one domain so there should not be any place for confusion (i am really starting to wonder if it’s my account you are talking about) but anyways the domain is:

ar-webdevs.is-great.net

i am not sure if you still think this is a joke as OxyDac mentioned but please take this seriously.

and thanks in advance

Well, I was looking at a different domain (no joke!), so it’s good you mentioned it. You created the account for another domain initially and the label is yet another account, and you wouldn’t be the first to get them confused.

I checked the domain, and it looks like your software is trying to redirect people to http://ar-webdevs.is-great.net/dashboard , and that URL is not routed properly. I see a file called .htaccess.dist in your account, could you try to rename that file to .htaccess and see if that fixes the website for you?

but this is already part from the project installed it was already there from the very beginning and it was working fine before now,
i think the problem is in an error on the server side not in project files because i did not change it from its original state and if i wanted to edit a file i make a copy of its original and edit it so that the original stays as a default backup,
and before i speak to you i made sure to get it back to that default state, so to save both my time and yours please check that the server is up and running without any errors.

thanks admin i figured it out on my own, i downloaded some files, analyzed its code and found that the installer set the username and password for the database with a dummy first hand cardinals not the ones mentioned on my cpanel account so yes it was some server client misunderstanding.
but thanks anyways.