Shift Name Servers to sectigoweb

This must help

1 Like

@Xplod4432 it takes time due to…

dns caching and propagation
What is DNS Propagation?.

1 Like

Whenever there is IP changed, A record has to be updated. With CNAME, you don’t have to do that

2 Likes

yes, totally agreed!

1 Like

Cool!

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

You could use a web based DNS lookup tool to get the IP address of your website. Something like https://www.dnswatch.info/ or https://digwebinterface.com/ works well for that. If you enter your domain name there, you should see the Website IP from the client area in the response.

If the DNS records are already setup at Sectigo, you could even query the Sectigo servers for the records before switching over. Digwebinterface can do this if you enter the Sectigo nameservers in the Nameservers box.

I would have checked it for you, but I don’t know the nameserver addresses of Sectigo.

3 Likes

btw out of curiosity, are changing the nameservers for SSL?

1 Like

ns1.sectigoweb.com
ns2.sectigoweb.com

For ddos actually, other day I got spammed and all the bandwidth and hits were used up in 10 minutes

ohh I see that, thanks!

1 Like

if you are paying for sectigo then better go with premium hosting ffrom iFastenet

1 Like

Yeah kinda didnt plan it well, I’m new to hosting stuff :frowning: so till subscription runs out ill have to shift there ig

if your account is suspended also or delted there is no way to recover. atleast take a backup every day or on weekly basis, it is a good practise

1 Like

Yep, for code I use github and for the db I do take manual backups but I am looking to connect another remotesql for mirroring, is it possible? (noob question)

yes you can use free sql server to host sql data i guess. Is there any free SQL database server online? (researchgate.net)

1 Like

Thanks!

A DDoS protected DNS service won’t do much to protect your website against DDoS attacks. A DDoS protected DNS service only means your domain’s DNS is better protected against attacks. You’ll probably have more luck with something that actually protects websites, like Cloudflare.

As for your DNS settings, I see you’ve added the A record for ojaswi.org to Sectigo’s DNS correctly, but there is no record for the www subdomain. You can either setup a CNAME record for it and point it to your base domain, or create another A record and point it to the same IP address as your base domain.

3 Likes

I recommend you use Cloudflare to manage your DNS, as it will also allow you to create Firewall rules, protect your from DDoS attacks, and manage SSL, all for free.

Here is a guide to get you started if you wish:
A Full Guide To Cloudflare

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.