Softaculous app installer + photo gallery error

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_26411511

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)
epiz_26411511

Error Message

Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>= 8.0.2”.

(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

just use softaculous app installer to install a photo gallery, the installation finishes perfectly but when you try to access it gives you that error message, I have no idea why, in the images it is clearly visible.

Any ideas??

(other information and details relevant to your question)

2 Likes

Thanks for answering, but what does that answer have to do with what I asked?

I already know and understand that they only support php 7.4 and it is configured like this in the php version, in the control panel.

But what I ask is why after using the software they provide, softaculous app installer, I do the installation, the installation ends correctly but it doesn’t work saying that message from php 8.0.2, I’m only using what the site provides, nothing else, it should work.

Hello. Part of the error message was that the PHP version must be at or above 8.0.2. Since InfinityFree does not support PHP 8 yet, that will not work here. You may be able to install an older version of the software, but you will not be able to use softaculous to do so.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

We just use Softaculous, which is off the shelf software. We don’t choose the software or versions available in the Softaculous installer, those are all provided by the Softaculous company.

We use off the shelf software because we don’t have the means to collect, package and tests hundreds of different scripts and every update they release. So occasionally, Softaculous adds new software, or an update to existing software, that doesn’t work with our hosting.

We consider this an acceptable trade-off compared to not having an auto installer at all, or having one with much fewer scripts and much slower updates.

Whether or not there is broken software in Softaculous, the solution for you is the same either way:

• You can see what the latest version of Lychee is that supports PHP 7.4 and install that yourself.
  • Find another script in Softaculous that does work here.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.