Softaculous Install Error

When I try to install.
ILIAS.
Then I get this error.

The following errors were found :

/usr/bin/con does not exist. Please add valid path.

And I can change the path thing when I install the software.
But I am not sure what the problem is that the reason why.

All softwares that require their data folder to be written in a folder different than htdocs will not be installed. So use another software that can write his data in htdocs.

Does the error actually say /usr/bin/con does not exist, or /usr/bin/convert does not exist? The second I can explain, the first I can’t quite so easily.

The second error would be caused by the fact that ILIAS seems to want to use some system tools (ImageMagick in this case) from the command line. However, this is not going to work because:

• Command line access is not possible on free hosting.
  • Security restrictions are in place to prevent script access to system tools.
  • ImageMagick is not installed on free hosting servers.

So I likely suspect that the answer is that ILIAS does not support free hosting, and as such cannot be hosted here. I’ll make a note to have ILIAS removed from Softaculous to prevent further confusion.

It’s possible that these functions are available on premium hosting. But I’m not sure, you would have to verify this with iFastNet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.