Style.css error when saving file

Hey guys!

I am having a strange issue with my style.css file and that I can’t save it… It always says error when saving file and I have my style.css in my home/htdocs directory…

Which software are you using to upload the file, and what is the exact error message you see when uploading the file?

It just says something about unable to save the file and all of my code is in red…

I am using filezilla but I guess I should try to upload it manually. I tried it but it still doesn’t work…

@piano0011

do you get same problem with other file managers too? example the default file manager on cpanel

I tried it with file manager and got the same problem as well… but the style.css should also be in the same folder correct?

I still can’t get my css to save for some reason… really need this to work. For some reason, I can get my other files to save…For some reason, all of my texts are in red…thanks!

screen shot?

Here is the screenshot of my css stylesheet…

in my mind it’s normal. may what color that was before? :open_mouth:

ok but the strange thing is that I can’t seem to save it though… Always pop up a message…

hmm. i feel your file is corrupted. you may can copy all your css codes (not itself) and save it on another file

But I uploaded it manually as well and using the working file on my hard drive but the css is working fine on my site, it is just that I can’t save it…

the second one too? as i suggested.

I will try to copy it into another file and give that a go…

I have too many css to copy … it is a tedious process…

There was an issue with the MonstaFTP server config so it refuses to handle large files (and your style.css file is quite large). This has been fixed now, so you should be able to edit style.css with MonstaFTP now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.