The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name

Hi, I am getting the error “The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name”. This is for thetechnie.com

I followed all the steps as given in the other forum topics but the error still remains.

Thanks,
eztech75

Make sure to copy including START CERTIFICATE. Try from another browser.

1 Like

Welcome! This article should help you out.

4 Likes

I got the certificate installed correctly, apparently the issue was not clicking the Upload Private Key after pasting the cert string.
However, now after this when open the site in Incognito mode, i am asked for a user id/password. I have my homepage as index2.html but instead of the home page I get the signin box.

The signin box is because you have .htaccess password protection enabled. In the control panel, open the “Directory Privacy” feature and delete any records. If there is nothing there, locate the .htaccess file and share its contents here.

Please let me know if you have any questions

2 Likes

There is nothing in the “Directory Privacy” feature. Here are the details of the .htaccess file -

#####THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED FOR PROTECTED FOLDERS
AuthUserFile /home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_31160202/thetechnie.com/htdocs///.htpasswd.039474544d53d3e935b2677b255df387
AuthName password_required
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user
########END REQUIRE

Delete that htaccess file then. That is the code that is causing the issue. Also delete the file that starts with .htpasswd.

So delete these two files:

• .htaccess
  • .htpasswd.039474544d53d3e935b2677b255df387
4 Likes

That worked.

Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.