The selected custom domain is already in use on InfinityFree

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

I dont have and epiz username as the website will not register but my e-mail is
By MOD - I hid sensitive data

Error Message

The selected custom domain is already in use on InfinityFree. Please remove the custom domain from your other account at InfinityFree before you can add it to a new account.

Other Information

I own the domain sanket.ml but i believe someone had this before me please could you check where this account is active and shut it down as it belongs to me and I want to host this website

Your domain does not point to our nameservers at the moment. Could you please change them to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com before adding the domain to a hosting account or before I check if the SOA records have the nameservers of the other hosting account on our platform to help you further?

9 Likes

Hey I changed it thanks for the quick reply.

Now you have to wait for 24hrs.

But the 24 hours time frame only applies to DNS propagation right, the issue with my case is that someone else had this domain until sometime ago and then i ended up registering it under my name, coincidently the person who previously owned this domain had been hosting it on Infinityfree, so when i tried to add it to my account for development, infinityfree does not allow it as the previous owner has not removed the domain from their account.

I basically need help with deactivating that other person’s domain access to this so i can add it to my account since i now own this domain.

thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

@Admin

Only Admin can help you with that, please wait for him to comeback online and he will help you.

1 Like

Admin can help you with that but you will need to provide proofs that you own those domains to admin before he can take any action regarding this as anyone can claim any domain to be owned by him and causing suspension of other accounts. So keep your proofs ready before admin see this post and help you.

1 Like

Yup have them ready, so if I can send them a picture of the domain registrar it should be good yeah, it mentions the site and the expiry date of registration, would I need anything else apart from that?

Yes, just a simply small proof. Admin will message or post a reply here later. He will actually online one time in a two days, you know.

1 Like

There was a similar case last week with another domain for another person. In it, I proposed this solution?

Do you think you could setup DNS records in a similar way, on your own domain with your own forum username?

5 Likes

so i did this, thank you so much @Admin appreciate the help

I checked the cname record and it’s added. I believe your domain will be removed from other account by admin when he will check your message.

2 Likes

Thanks! The CNAME record target isn’t entirely as I described, but this suffices as authentication.

I’ve removed the domain name from the other account. You can now change your domain name back to our nameservers and add the domain to your hosting account.

8 Likes

Thank you so much @Admin I will test it out now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.