Time Taken to Get EU.ORG domain Approval

I said I’m living in Bulgaria(EUROPE COUNTRY) ( thats why I requested Additional to my name BG). It’s either they don’t approve domains for now or I have no idea , I tried to contact them , but they don’t have support…

2 Likes

That can still take months unfortunately.

BTW, when I say EU I mean the European Union, not just Europe. Is your country in that EU? (I can’t google now since I don’t have a VPN.)

@saikub Then please go back to that very first guide and try implementing all the rules at the same time, rather than using an excerpt.

1 Like

Yes it is. I don’t have other option but to wait … it’s free so I can’t complain about anything if it’s approved then good otherwise it’s still good.

3 Likes

I have been waiting for more than a year…

5 Likes

Simply not true and irrelevant. In fact, their site explicitly states that having the domain “eu.org” does not mean any relationship to the EU governing body.

Your friend: include_once('another_file');
Just create a file to have my code and then call it using the above line.

.htaccess file is not for the purpose that you desire, and if that’s the case, nobody here would honor any file size limits if you’re aware.

2 Likes

Interesting, cause my own experience said something different.

As I said, many request in my country stayed in the pending state forever. Some then created another account with a fake EU address + EU VPN and magically their request get approved in a few days.

So it’s definitely relevant. The statement on their site is pretty vague, and doesn’t say a lot.

1 Like

BTW, this still require you to call that line in every file. At least a bunch of calls of a bunch of files if in the end the application got big. So it still doesn’t meet the need of the OP.

The conversation is quickly getting out of hand — I feel some moderator or leader must now come and split these chit chat to somewhere else. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

While I do not know much about your registration history, I can say they are very clear about the registration entitlements. See below:

EU address is not required, nor would VPN a consideration factor. It’s more about how did you register your site with them.

If you want your website to function without tell it to, I suggest not having any expectations. A single line include is already the optimal way for having that to work on site-wide. Try suggesting something constructive to make this conversation more helpful to OP.

Cheers!

Also please edit your reply instead of creating multiple replies.

1 Like

If you attempt to create domains with eu.org this way, from their perspective, they might see you as spam and ignore all request directly.

Please check their registration rules:
https://nic.eu.org/policy.html
https://nic.eu.org/top-policy.html

Also for both cases, please check if you have correct contact handles with accurate information stated in the WHOIS record.

2 Likes

I am a resident of Iran (a country outside EU) and I had owned an *.eu.org domain without any problems. Just because it was your experience it does not mean it is universal.

6 Likes

1 month ago today, March 15th 2024, I requested a domain from them on nic.eu.org. Still no updates.

1 Like

I live in london england and it took 3 months to register my .eu.org domain name

I know someone that registered and it took 1 year :frowning:

6 Likes

Trying this out now…

7 Likes

Hi KangJL,

Read:

Non-European sites
Since Europe is not the only place where national NIC policies are a problem, non-european sites are welcome.

https://nic.eu.org/policy.html

You don’t need to fake EU address and EU VPN to “magaically” expect something to happen. It’s just not even related.

Cheers!

7 Likes

I’m still waiting for mine without any success, I’m pretty sure that they don’t accept new domains for now

5 Likes

With Freenom completely shutting down, I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of requests for eu.org domains has increased massively, so any new request is put at the back of a very long queue.

It doesn’t really seem sustainable to me to do manual approvals of domains, but apparently this is how it is.

8 Likes

they need to do a bruce almighty yes to all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

5 Likes

This happens when they attempt to fill in the email contact with that email being under the domain they are registering for…

eu.org sends all activation email and activation emails.

3 Likes

is there a eu.org for north america