Unable to access file manager/ftp

Account

This is account username: epiz_27216978

Error Message

Whenever I try to access my account’s htdocs directory, it asks me to login. Even when I try to access from ftp, it fails. I created that account with my own .ml domain. I have even waited 72 hours too. The web page from the domain shows 404 and not ‘Lets create something awesome’. I created another account with subdomain and it was created within minutes with all access.

What is “it”?

Oh, the file manager. Please put the full description in the message next time please, instead of putting the actual useful information only in the subject. The subject should be a short description of what the message is about, not be the only place with the most important details.

Did you already login to the control panel after creating the account? FTP access won’t be enabled if you didn’t. You can also try these things to ensure FTP access is enabled:

3 Likes

The online ftp file manager says ‘ftp authentication failed’.

I tried using filezilla and the output is

|Status:|TLS connection established.|
|---|---|
|Command:|USER epiz_27216978|
|Response:|331 User epiz_27216978 OK. Password required|
|Command:|PASS **********|
|Response:|421 Home directory not available - aborting|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|

Softaculous App installer also doesn’t work. I create another account with another domain, and that works properly.

This is an account issue, from what I see, something went wrong in making your home directory. I’m not sure about a fix. The fix seems to buy make a new account.

So now how do I remove my domain from this project?

Yes I did that.

This is the right answer. “421 Home directory not available” means the account is dead. It could be a server issue (but then many people would be affected) or just a corruption of your account.

Creating a new account is an easy fix. You can remove the existing domains by logging in to the control panel and deleting everything from the Addon Domains, Subdomains and Parked Domains sections.

3 Likes

Thanks, I created a new account.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.