Unable to upload files.

I can’t upload with FTP, after an upload, as soon as the directory listing is refreshed all uploaded files have a size of 0 bytes and are empty… Does this happen when server storage is full?

What is your account username, what is the path to one of the files which was purged and which FTP program did you use?

this is probably the same case
https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/3937/website-not-updating

CMIIW, but for past week ftp problem have become trend among infinityfree users, most of them experience same thing. Many possibilities here, but I’d suggest to check ftp configurations @Admin just in case.

@Joo_Nath said:
CMIIW, but for past week ftp problem have become trend among infinityfree users, most of them experience same thing. Many possibilities here, but I’d suggest to check ftp configurations @Admin just in case.

These are two posts from the same user, and I cannot recall any other upload issues which are likely to be caused by an issue on the FTP servers. The FTP service is still working fine from my end, so I don’t see any reason to believe that the FTP servers are not working properly.

@OxyDac said:
this is probably the same case
https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/3937/website-not-updating

Yes, the same case as me. I have now tried the Admin’s advice of changing accounts but to no resort.

@Admin said:
What is your account username, what is the path to one of the files which was purged and which FTP program did you use?

epiz_21845698 (deactivated and domain transfered) and now I also have the same issue on epiz_22266686

It is true that you have many zerro bytes files
http://oswinsouffle.rf.gd/img/

I would first suspect your FTP program
you might want to try uploading in segments (10 files then again 10, etc)
instead of all in one

does each of these zerro byte files can be opened in your windows?
check the file size in win
it may be corrupted or has some problem
which somehow skips FTP errors, but is actually a zerro bytes
it may also be a problem in the drive even it shows that everything is fine

if you are sure that the original files are fine try another FTP client

I know you’re sick of questions and attempts

but what is common in the past and new acc?
files, FTP client and server (or malware haha)
something is wrong with one of those listed

@OxyDac said:

instead of all in one

Nonsense, I would have spotted that by now. My files and FTP client work fine. This problem is a disk space limitation on the InfinityFree FTP Server. I just cleared some files and its now letting me upload.

Bummer really, I thought disk space was measured by innodes, apparently my account caps of at around 5GB storage. @Admin is this a bug?

probably some of the Daleks “family” is angry at you and decides to exterminate !! exterminate !! all files :smiley:

@OswinSouffle said:

@OxyDac said:

instead of all in one

Nonsense, I would have spotted that by now. My files and FTP client work fine. This problem is a disk space limitation on the InfinityFree FTP Server. I just cleared some files and its now letting me upload.

Bummer really, I thought disk space was measured by innodes, apparently my account caps of at around 5GB storage. @Admin is this a bug?

Well, accounts definitely should not be capped at a number of GB storage.

And the files of accounts are not stored on a single server, but on networked storage. I don’t know the exact details, but I doubt you could even fill up a server. Besides, both accounts are in different places on the network, so I doubt the problem is of anything being full, especially since you seem to be the only one experiencing (or at least reporting) this problem.

Were you doing anything special when the uploads broke? For example uploading a large number of files to a particular directory at once? Or uploading them to a special location?

@Admin said:

@OswinSouffle said:

@OxyDac said:

instead of all in one

Well, accounts definitely should not be capped at a number of GB storage.

And the files of accounts are not stored on a single server, but on networked storage. I don’t know the exact details, but I doubt you could even fill up a server. Besides, both accounts are in different places on the network, so I doubt the problem is of anything being full, especially since you seem to be the only one experiencing (or at least reporting) this problem.

Were you doing anything special when the uploads broke? For example uploading a large number of files to a particular directory at once? Or uploading them to a special location?

I wouldn’t say I was doing anything ‘special’, just uploading around ~15k files to the img folder.

@OxyDac said:
probably some of the Daleks “family” is angry at you and decides to exterminate !! exterminate !! all files :smiley:

It wouldn’t be the first time…

1 Like