Updating a pluggin caused critical error on wordpress site

My website URL is: http://highvibesvrtv.rf.gd/

What I’m seeing is:

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I’m using this software: newsletter pluggin for wordpress

Additional information:

I logged into my wordpress admin. It said there was an update for my newsletter pluggin. I clicked update. I got a message saying that the update had failed, that there was critical error and that the details would be sent to my admin email. The problem is that I hadn’t changed the default email, (HIDDEN BY MOD) and I had not created the address at the time. I created it today. ( I assumed it was created by default too). I am not a programer and the info I get at Debugging in WordPress – Documentation I do not understand. Can you help me please? Thank you

1 Like

Hi

try disable plugins…

please use FTP and temporarily rename folders plugins and themes (add X at the end)
then try to enter the dashboard
and then return the folder names and remove the problematic plugins

or just rename the wp-content/plugins/ nameOfBadPluginHere- rename me

5 Likes

Hi!
Thanks. The problem is I can not log in ino the wp admin: I get the same “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” message

1 Like

Sorry I ddin’t fully undersatn the reply, I am going to try by ftp

1 Like

that’s why I said → use FTP
eg monstaFTP from client area (file manager)

4 Likes

Yeah I know thanks. So far I managed to get back in the dashboard, but when I try to disable the plugin, I get the message again : “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

1 Like

Blockquote

Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.