Uploading files via monsta FTP not working

Hello y’all…ive been using Monsta FTP file manager to upload files,and also extract zip files.Recently it is nolonger working…when i upload a file it shows complete then sticks at transferring to server upto infinity…and when i try another file manager to upload zip files…they just get uploaded fine…but then i cant extract them…how can i extract my zipped files??

@ronniengoda said:
Hello y’all…ive been using Monsta FTP file manager to upload files,and also extract zip files.Recently it is nolonger working…when i upload a file it shows complete then sticks at transferring to server upto infinity…and when i try another file manager to upload zip files…they just get uploaded fine…but then i cant extract them…how can i extract my zipped files??

The best way to upload a (large) zip file is by installing an FTP client like FileZilla on your own computer, extract the archive on your own computer and upload the extracted folder with the FTP client.

This is pretty much what file managers do as well, but far less efficiently. FTP can’t actually extract archives “on the server”, so the file managers need to do that. However, the file managers do it far less efficiently, because the PHP programming language is not well suited to deal with large files.

File managers are useful for making quick edits, but cannot replace a regular FTP client.

Thankyou for your feedback!!..but in my situation the zip file i was trying to upload was only…4MB …it cant upload …it loads the progress bar upto 100% the sticks there showing transferring to server…i tried using filezilla…but when i come to check in my file manager over here the uploaded files are not reflected…

@ronniengoda said:
Thankyou for your feedback!!..but in my situation the zip file i was trying to upload was only…4MB …it cant upload …it loads the progress bar upto 100% the sticks there showing transferring to server…i tried using filezilla…but when i come to check in my file manager over here the uploaded files are not reflected…

Please make sure you are uploading the files to a htdocs folder, files uploaded outside web accessible directories are automatically discarded.