Welcome to the Shiny club of Kirby! (2021)

OWO

I HATE YOU. not you XIV but this message

1 Like

I remember when I was a new user in the forums, I was limited to how many messages I could send per day.

2 Likes

:eyes:weā€™ve all been thereā€¦ Like Limitations aint good lmao

@everyone involve in this convo pls

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually have English and half Irish :wink:

2 Likes

Well, HTML and CSS for sure! Iā€™m also a lot better at photoshop and Adobe premier. Hoping to lead PHP soon!

3 Likes

:open_mouth: You learn a new thing everyday

Thatā€™s a big dream! But again, I didnā€™t believe I could learn multiple languages in a year soā€¦ anything is possible :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sometimes learning the syntax of a language is enough, you must have creativity and bet how things work. I personally search my questions when I donā€™t know how to do something or donā€™t remember a functionā€™s name (My memory is way awful for keeping things in mind.)

Thatā€™s why when Iā€™ve no access to internet, I donā€™t know coding either :joy:

2 Likes

Speaking about syntax of a languageā€¦ reminds me of the time where I was learning HTML and thought the menu bar was meant to go inside the <head> tags :expressionless:

4 Likes

For the longest time, I thought that the title and favicon of the site went at the top before the <head> tag, I thought the <head> was only for metadata. I wondered why it never workedā€¦

2 Likes

LOL

1 Like

Thereā€™s more where that came from. :joy:

Reminds me of the time when I used to think that coding was a waste of time - I absolutely despised it and Iā€™d never even think of doing that as a job. It wasnā€™t until this time last year during the first lockdown here in the UK when I started understanding how programming works.

:thinking: Actually, Iā€™m only half a year into programming but even though Iā€™ve learnt a lot I sometimes feel that Iā€™m not doing as much and performing as well as I could.

4 Likes

JavaScript, def JavaScript.

Go is second, PHP is third by a tiny bit (in terms of how many lines I wrote).

1 Like

The head should only be used for metadata, yes.

But what you still donā€™t know, apparently didnā€™t know is that the favicon and title are technically ā€œmetadataā€

4 Likes

I still have bad taste XD

1 Like

Same, I just got into web and game design during the pandemic. Used to think all coding languages are like C# (Which looks so complicated but probably is not), but now know that some are easy (and quite fun to!)

3 Likes

C Family does look hard tbh. Iā€™d rather go for web development and then move onto software development because web development tends to be the best place to start off from. My problem with software development is that softwares can be modified and nulled so idk whether it would be a good idea to go for it.

C# is very different from C, but yeah they share similar syntax.

I know a bit of C and C++, itā€™s not so bad.

Go uses c-like syntax, so I hope I can learn C better when I need it (I currently have no good use for it).

2 Likes

To be fair, C# has an syntax commonly used by other languages, however (in my opinion) itā€™s heavily over complicated and very different compared to more common languages.

5 Likes

itā€™s heavily over complicated

More complexity = more flexibility (usually)!

3 Likes