What is the best software for forum web sites

i am uploading the files to the server but i get this error Something went wrong: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1286 Unknown storage engine ‘InnoDB’ (SQL: create table migrations (migration varchar(255) not null, extension varchar(255) null) default character set utf8mb4 collate ‘utf8mb4_unicode_ci’ engine = InnoDB) i create a database but i can’t connect to database server

As I said I can’t Guarantee Fully Functional one as InnoDB is Blocked in free Hosting

3 Likes

than how will i use flarium

May i know what you are trying to Upload?

i just want to create a database for flarium

Oh wait you are going to install flarum right?

yes

As i said in the Steps. Export the Local host database and Import it in the server and Edit the config file of flarum

1 Like

Okey i will use flarium servers to create a forum site it says me that create a cname record but how will i do it i create a cname record but it is not working

You mean freeflarum?

1 Like

Yes, I had some database problems

So First create Account in freeflarum

Then set it up then go to forum settings in Freeflarum homepage Then you will see something Like this

Now open the Vpanel and Come to CNAME Records

In the Place of Record Name Enter the Sub-domain and In destination enter to which they mentioned to CNAME

Now enter your custom domain name and Click Save

6 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

No Probs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

There is only one more problem the cname record is not working i add the same record with you but its not working can you help me

Can you plz say the domain name and Check does it propogated here

3 Likes

So is flarum the best forum software then?

Should i rename the nameservers to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com normaly my nameservers are pointed to cloudflare nameservers

Is your domain added to your account? if yes then no need.

You know what’s the best… coding your own forum if you’re experienced enough.

2 Likes

Discourse is the best according to me, but I dont wanna spend money for vps tho :pensive:

2 Likes