What password is setup by infinity on my applications?

Im confused, I have installed several different applications and no one accepts my password.
No application has accepted the password I written myself. The 3 latest applications I copy-paste the password I entered so typing errors is excluded. In settings for the installed applications I have found other usernames/ passwords setup by the application but none of these are working either. None of the passwords for login to infinity or sql db is working either so what is going on here ? Iam now of the opinion that infinity is a scam site where nothing works but before I make up my mind Im trying posting here. I have tried apps as joomla, concrete5, tinyrss, rss reader etc as Im trying to make a simple webbased newsticker and it is ridiculously impossible. I succedeed with php scripts in wp as wp does not require password but it was not possible creating a simple newsticker as I cant delete headers, maximize side margins etc in those fancy useless wp templates.

I assume the applications you refer to are scripts you’re installing through Softaculous?

During the installation procedure in Softaculous, you’ll see options to setup the administrator credentials. In these fields, the Username field is left blank by default, the Email Address field is filled with your hosting account contact email and the Password field is filled with a randomly generated password.

Please make sure to either record that randomly generated password somewhere (like a password database), or to change the generated password to a password you want to use.

4 Likes

Please read my question carefully before answering instead of confirming my assumptions of scam site.

As I wrote : “The 3 latest applications I copy-paste the password I entered so typing errors is excluded. In settings for the installed applications I have found other usernames/ passwords setup by the application but none of these are working either”.

The randomly generated password is saved/found under details for respective installation in the softaculous control panel, they are same because I copied and compared as one of my suspicions was softaculous messing up sql fields for my installs.

Your assumption of install via softaculous is correct, I see no possibility holding you responsible for applications I install outside your methods, that would be my full responsibility.

"I assume the applications you refer to are scripts you’re installing through Softaculous?

During the installation procedure in Softaculous, you’ll see options to setup the administrator credentials. In these fields, the Username field is left blank by default, the Email Address field is filled with your hosting account contact email and the Password field is filled with a randomly generated password.

Please make sure to either record that randomly generated password somewhere (like a password database), or to change the generated password to a password you want to use."

It’s quite a common issue for people to confuse client area passwords, hosting account passwords and application passwords. They are usually all different and it’s important to know which password to use where.

I’m not saying that’s definitely the case here. But I will say that that copy-pasting a password doesn’t definitively rule out the situation of copying and pasting the wrong password.

And your last statement confirms, not denies, that idea.

I just looked at the details of your WordPress installation, and there are no admin credentials there. Only the database credentials are these. Those are the credentials placed into the application config for it to connect to the database. They are NOT the credentials you use to login to the admin interface.

The admin interface credentials can be set through (but not copied from) the Admin Account section in the installation details.

So if you say you copied the credentials from there, then you are indeed not using the right credentials.

That’s no problem of course. Like I said, it’s a common error.

And please consider my answers before accusing me of scamming people.

If I can confirm that this is a systems issue, I’m happy to look into it. But I don’t really want to invest a lot of time in trying (and failing) to reproduce an issue because someone made a common mistake in the process.

4 Likes

And again, as I wrote in my first initial post : “I succedeed with php scripts in wp as wp does not require password”. With above sentence I tried to convey I experience no issues logging into wordpress.

I have to back off from my statement “scam site”. You have proven to be a reliable supplier these days I tested infinityfree and me adapting to your main app wp. I see the beauty in your softacolous mini vm. Wp seems well maintained, perhaps there is a reason the less popular/less used apps in softacolous couldnt be accessed by new users. I will of course buy the bandwidth if this testsite finds interest.

1 Like

Well, if you do want to try out another script which does have this issue, please feel free to install it and give a shout so I can take a look at it.

Until then, it’s not like I can help you login to a website that doesn’t exist.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.