Who knows this stuff?

This is my website www.breakprotocol.com. It doesn’t connect to the webpage directly but instead it shows directory listing first then you’d have to click “wp/.” Does anybody know what to do so it connects directly? Thanks!

did you set the index page? or did you not do it in the installer?

I used the installer. It asked me questions and then created a wordpress admin profile.

@KadeSitePerson said:

I used the installer. It asked me questions and then created a Wordpress admin profile.

@samuelalake said:

@KadeSitePerson said:

I used the installer. It asked me questions and then created a Wordpress admin profile.

try to make a index.php in the htdocs and then redirect it to www.breakprotocol.com/wp/

you just installed it into wp directory, always when you install a script it will create a new directory but if you want your website to be accessible from domain then you have to remove wp so it installs it to the main directory, what I will suggest is to move your wp site to the htdocs folder from wp

@marek33 said:
@KadeSitePerson said:

I tried what you guys said and the stuff is now messed up. Please help.

@samuelalake said:

@marek33 said:
@KadeSitePerson said:

I tried what you guys said and the stuff is now messed up. Please help.

what hes saying is install it to the htdocs dir dont create a wp folder and then install it there!!!

@marek33 said:
you just installed it into wp directory, always when you install a script it will create a new directory but if you want your website to be accessible from domain then you have to remove wp so it installs it to the main directory, what I will suggest is to move your wp site to the htdocs folder from wp

This here is the right answer. However, if your site is new I wouldn’t bother to move it and just remove everything and reinstall it through Softaculous. Be sure to double check the Directory field in Softaculous, it should be empty if you don’t want your script to be installed in a subfolder.

@Admin said:

@marek33 said:
Thank you. I understand now.

I’ll delete and try again but this time, I’ll leave directory empty.

@Admin
@marek33

I just did it and it worked. Thanks a lot.

@samuelalake You’re welcome :slight_smile: