Why it failed to connect to the ftp using cmd?

The connection can’t be started on the htdocs folder by just clicking on “Online File Manager”, but you can access the Monsta FTP Demo from here (maximum upload size 5 MBs) with host ftpupload.net and your username and password and as initial directory put /htdocs/.

i am not talking about “Online File Manager”
i am talking about the ftp and i don’t want to use third part tools
i am using the windows default tool

The ftp terminal? I don’t know how to upload files through it, but I can only list the items, change the directory of it or enter passive mode. I always used Monsta FTP, net2ftp and FileZilla as FTP clients and suggested to use one of those instead of the ftp terminal. So I would suggest to try Monsta FTP or FileZilla too.

so there is no way to fix it without additional tools ?

Absolutely no way to fix it without additional tools, just because iFastNet put those limits in their free servers and we cannot go to their servers because we don’t know the location of them. And obviously because with ftp terminal we can go only to the root directory.

1 Like

hmm ok Great

thanks for your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

The password can be found in the client area, not the control panel.

You cannot upload files to the root directory of your account. You can delete files and directories there, but doing so will not make your website use the root directory. Instead, it will just break your website (until you create a new htdocs directory).

Fix what exactly? You should be able to change the current directory in the FTP session (using the cd command I think) to the htdocs folder, so you can upload files to that folder.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.