Why The Wait?

HI
Im currently with X10 HOSTING,who got me LIVE in less than 24 hours
I wanted to try Infinity Free, as a backup, but Surprised to be told,
to wait Approx 3 DAYS ?

Why are other hosting companys getting websites up faster at this ?
Is Infinity Free, using the Old system ?

BROADCAST DESIGN

They get websites up and running in minutes, but just for the domain / subdomain you used you need to wait at least 72 hours for DNS propagation if you can’t access it.

Ok thanx for your reply
Id like to now delete my account
but it states | hosting accounts have to be deleted first
Why is it stating 1-3 accounts ?
thats incorrect.

1 Like

You need to remove the domain from the “Addon Domains” section of the Control Panel before deactivating the hosting account! Then on the Client Area click on the hosting account you want to get deleted, click on “Edit Account”, scroll down until you see the “Delete Account” option and click on the button to deactivate the account. Then wait 60 days for the account to be deleted.

thanx for the reply
WOW ! , that is information overkill

ok ill just wait the 6o days for the account to Instantly delete itself.
thanx for your help x

1 Like

Note that we don’t say it takes approximately three days, we say it takes up to three days. Three days is very rare, usually it’s less than a day.

We actually put you live in 5 minutes, but we can only do that if your internet provider cooperates. All accounts are automatically set up in a minute or two, after which our work is done.

However, some internet providers take their sweet time to figure out that a domain name has a new home. This can be as little as 10 minutes, but in the worst cases can take up to three days. But that all depends on your internet provider, there is nothing we can do to speed that up.

Why do we say three days when it almost never takes that long? Because we don’t like to explain the same thing over and over again to everyone whose site is live but can’t see it yet themselves.

True, we use an old system called DNS. But the entire internet uses DNS, including X10Hosting.

2 Likes

Hola, tengo el mismo problema. Aun no pude entrar a mi web por primera vez, me aparece una web con anuncios. Ya pasaron mĂĄs de 72 hs y no se que mĂĄs hacer.

Hi there,
Could you please use English? If you don‘t speak English, use a online translation tool like Google Translate.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem. I still could not enter my website for the first time, I see a website with ads. More than 72 hours have passed and I don’t know what else to do.

https://infinityfree.net/support/why-doesnt-my-domain-work/

I already read the article but I don’t understand what else I should do. Or where the problem will be

From the same article I posted:

Clear your computer’s DNS cache

You can clear your computer’s DNS cache to force your computer to look up your domain name again. cPanel has written instructions on how to clear DNS cache on various operating systems. You can read their instructions here.

Note that this will only clear the DNS cache on your own computer, not the cache with your DNS Resolver. If your DNS Resolver still has the old records cached, you will not see your website.

Edit your hosts file to override DNS settings

Instead of doing a DNS lookup, your computer also has a so-called hosts file. This file can point domain names to IP addresses on your own computer, and will be checked before any DNS lookup is done. So you can change the hosts file of your computer to point your domain name to your new IP address, before the DNS cache has cleared (or even before any DNS changes have been made).

HowToGeek has a great article on how to make changes to your computer’s hosts file here. You can find the website’s IP address to use by following this guide.

Switch to a better DNS resolver

One of the biggest problems with DNS caching is that DNS Resolvers can cache their results for a long time, and there is no way to clear their caches unless you operate the DNS Resolver yourself.

Fortunately, you are (generally) not forced to use the DNS Resolver provided by your internet provider. Many routers and most devices offer ways to configure your own DNS Resolvers. There are a few great DNS resolvers available for everyone to use. Many of these DNS resolvers don’t cache results as long as the resolvers operated by internet providers, and are sometimes even faster!

A few popular, fast and free DNS resolvers are:

Which DNS resolver is the fastest for you depends on your location and your network connection. In order to figure out which provider is the fastest (and check some other options) you can use a tool like Namebench to test and compare DNS resolvers.

1 Like

If you need help and your question is not answered in the knowledge base or existing topics, please create a NEW TOPIC on this forum to ask your question. Please make sure to put your question in the Hosting Support category, and to fill in the topic template so we have the information necessary to help you.

1 Like

a mi me tardò como 2 semanas. intenta usar otros dispositivos, tal vez sea problema de cache

Please speak in English! My mind’s translator can do the work for me:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.