Wordpress-5.3.2 won't install

Perhaps this link will help. 7 Reasons Why Your WordPress Plugins or Themes Won’t Install
I’m sorry for what I posted. It wasn’t really helpful.

1 Like

No. None of the suggestions in the article are related, the errors I’m getting are different.

Plugin error:
Installation failed: There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.Learn more about debugging in WordPress

Theme error:
Installing Theme from uploaded file: Avada 6.1.2.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Same type of error, I’m not getting an email to clarify the error so I’m waiting for the admin. 5 days and counting

You should try to install plugins and themes that have a big number of files or don’t install by using the WordPress dashboard via FTP. Here are the instructions for installing a plugin via FTP and installing a theme via FTP.

4 Likes

Installing larger plugins and themes can easily fail, because of file size limits and script execution time limits. It’s a known and fairly common issue and not really the desired experience for anyone. But the only “fix” I can think of is to increase the limits for free hosting, which is not something we can do just like that.

Fortunately, there is a good workaround. LIke @Ergastolator1 said, you can circumvent these issues by installing the theme manually through FTP.

2 Likes

Thanks Ergastolator1, installing it via FTP does work. It’s a bit unfortunate that there’s no other way, but it’s better than nothing

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.