WordPress issues

Having issues with WordPress… I first started out using “SitePro” builder. Since it was discussed to get rid of it. After several failed attempts to use the new builder, I decided to go with WordPress and give it a try.

I deleted account, and started over from scratch with a new account, etc. so I didn’t have any issues with files…

I went into CPanel, installed WordPress for domain “jacksonarc.com” and went through all the setup there… But, now I keep getting 404 error. I can’t even access my WordPress admin account.

What did I do wrong? Can anyone help?

I just checked jacksonarc.com but it seems to be working fine from here.

Note that recreating an account usually creates your account on a different IP address, which means your DNS needs to be updated to point your domain to the new account. You don’t need to do anything for that yourself, but it might take a day or two for the new website to show up.

@Admin said:

Note that recreating an account usually creates your account on a different IP address, which means your DNS needs to be updated to point your domain to the new account. You don’t need to do anything for that yourself, but it might take a day or two for the new website to show up.

Ok, so I don’t need to do anything on my end? I didn’t realize it takes a day or two for the site to show up doing it the way I did. Usually using “sitepro” it only took 15-20 mins to get the website up and I am able to view it.

I can’t even access the /wp-admin page to edit my website.

@Admin said:

So, after checking, seems my DNS needs to be pointed to the following nameservers correct?

ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

Or point them to these?

ns1.byet.org
ns2.byet.org
ns3.byet.org
ns4.byet.org
ns5.byet.org

@JARC17 said:

@Admin said:

So, after checking, seems my DNS needs to be pointed to the following nameservers correct?

ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

Or point them to these?

ns1.byet.org
ns2.byet.org
ns3.byet.org
ns4.byet.org
ns5.byet.org

Either set of nameservers work, they are all aliases to the same servers. ns1.epizy.com is the same server as ns1.byet.org, ns2.epizy.com is the same as ns2.byet.org.

When you recreate the account, we update the nameservers automatically. But then it can take a day or two for all internet providers to check our nameservers for the new location.

@Admin said:

@JARC17 said:

@Admin said:

ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

Or point them to these?

ns1.byet.org
ns2.byet.org
ns3.byet.org
ns4.byet.org
ns5.byet.org

Either set of nameservers work, they are all aliases to the same servers. ns1.epizy.com is the same server as ns1.byet.org, ns2.epizy.com is the same as ns2.byet.org.

When you recreate the account, we update the nameservers automatically. But then it can take a day or two for all internet providers to check our nameservers for the new location.

Ok, because I was reading some forums and watched a few videos, and they say some common issues with WordPress are with the “htaccess” file or permalinks issue that needed to be altered in the database.

Just making sure I didn’t need to do anything on my end and trying to cover all bases to eliminate issues and get the website back up ASAP.

Thank you for your assistance. I guess if the website isn’t working in a day or so, I’ll be back to square one on trying to get it back online.