ZIP Unpacking is painfully slow in MonstaFTP. Where is Unzip in Net2FTP?

Hi @Admin why did you remove angular file manager? and why can’t I unzip files in traditional file manager now? MonstaFTP is awfully slow as hell when unzipping or doing work!

@Inception said:
Hi @Admin why did you remove angular file manager? and why can’t I unzip files in traditional file manager now? MonstaFTP is awfully slow as hell when unzipping or doing work!

Tru to use net2ftp.com itself or if you cannot due to being to the EU, try this:
https://web2ftp.ml/

NOTE: It is my site. I can guarantee you that I keep no login reocrds and in no way would use the site for phising or anything other, after all I just installed net2ftp through Softaculous and modified nothing else, but if you will believe me or trust my site is entirely up to you.

You can suggest the return of Angular File Manager or the Unzip functions for the file manager in the feature suggestions thread.

@ChrisPAR said:

@Inception said:

Tru to use net2ftp.com itself or if you cannot due to being to the EU, try this:
https://web2ftp.ml/

NOTE: It is my site. I can guarantee you that I keep no login reocrds and in no way would use the site for phising or anything other, after all I just installed net2ftp through Softaculous and modified nothing else, but if you will believe me or trust my site is entirely up to you.

You can suggest the return of Angular File Manager or the Unzip functions for the file manager in the feature suggestions thread.

Thanks bro!

@Inception said:
Hi @Admin why did you remove angular file manager?

Relatively few people were using it. And it had less features than MonstaFTP (including zipping and unzipping).

@Inception said:
and why can’t I unzip files in traditional file manager now?

Because creating/unpacking zip files and uploading/downloading thousands of files from an account takes a fairly large amount of server power, and PHP code is really not well suited for it.

@Inception said:
MonstaFTP is awfully slow as hell when unzipping

Same reason as why it was disabled in net2ftp: PHP is not well suited and upload many small files over FTP is rather slow. And MonstaFTP is managed by us, not by iFastNet, so the FTP servers and file manager are not in the same network. Which explains why uploading thousands of files at once may be slower…

@Inception said:
or doing work!

…but not that noticeable when doing anything else (as the connection should still be better than wherever you are trying to connect from). MonstaFTP seems fine from here. Is it so much slower than net2ftp for you?

@Admin said:

@Inception said:
Hi @Admin why did you remove angular file manager?

Relatively few people were using it. And it had less features than MonstaFTP (including zipping and unzipping).

@Inception said:
and why can’t I unzip files in traditional file manager now?

Because creating/unpacking zip files and uploading/downloading thousands of files from an account takes a fairly large amount of server power, and PHP code is really not well suited for it.

@Inception said:
MonstaFTP is awfully slow as hell when unzipping

Same reason as why it was disabled in net2ftp: PHP is not well suited and upload many small files over FTP is rather slow. And MonstaFTP is managed by us, not by iFastNet, so the FTP servers and file manager are not in the same network. Which explains why uploading thousands of files at once may be slower…

@Inception said:
or doing work!

…but not that noticeable when doing anything else (as the connection should still be better than wherever you are trying to connect from). MonstaFTP seems fine from here. Is it so much slower than net2ftp for you?

Thank you for your reply, Everything’s fine by me and thank you very much for this great service.
The monsta ftp sometimes gives problems while uploading and also it takes a longer time to open folders sometimes. Other than that everything’s great. I am now using web2ftp.ml and it’s a great alternative to the cpanel file manager.